My challenge this December is to keep the magic of Christmas alive even though my girls no longer believe in Santa, they have seen The Nutcracker every year since birth, I would have to drag them to the Met to see the tree and we watch other people’s children in the church pageant. I will make the effort even if we may not leave out a glass of milk and sugar cubes on Christmas Eve…
1) Christmas dinner with Jennifer and her family is one of our favorite (newer) traditions.
2) We want to ski! I don’t really care where but Austria would be grand.
3) Make Ina’s short ribs. I did a trial run and even though it took me twice as long as I had planned, they are definitely worth it. Her new cookbook Back to Basics will be on my hostess gift list for sure.
4) Cannot wait to see Somewhere by Sofia Coppola which opens December 22nd.
5) Jennifer’s list brought me up short. I realized that I have not done any outreach since we moved out of the city and away from The Brick Church. For two years I have been preoccupied with school admissions, KiC and life in general but there is no excuse for this lapse. Now we attend an amazing church in Cold Spring Harbor and I am ready to roll up my sleeves again.