April 10th, 2011

It’s a match!

Alessandra Ambrosio

While shopping for sandals for my mother in Palm Beach recently the salesgirl repeatedly made the point that your shoes should not match your bag. Huh? Doesn’t have to match I agree, but shouldn’t? I hate fashion dictums especially as I was standing there carrying a camel Birkin with matching K. Jacques sandals. I don’t set out to match my shoes and bag but like Alessandra above, I think it can look incredibly chic when they do.

Related  —

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

1. I love to match my bag to my shoes, it just brings a since of continuity to my outfits. Shout out to all the “matchy” girls out there!

Tanisha
    April 10th, 2011  2:52 PM

2. Agreed. Matching can look great. Maybe its not necessary but its certainly not bad!

Search for J Street
    April 10th, 2011  5:56 PM

3. agreed.

kayce hughes
    April 11th, 2011  9:44 AM

4. i think matching is fun…and i just went on the michael kors website and they seem to agree ;)

anita
    April 11th, 2011  6:27 PM

5. Sounds like the sales girl could benefit from coaching on customer service and fashion consultation. Btw, I love the nude look of the bag and sandal. TRES CHIC to say the least. I wouldn’t use the word “matching” I would say coordination but it would be determined by the entire look. In the future if you need help with that I would be happy to assist.

TheFashionistachic
    April 18th, 2011  3:55 PM

6. omfg i love basshunter’s swdseieh stars was one of my fave songs off his album bass generation can’t wait for the 4th album! The model in V.S. r always falwlessly beautiful! my fav is Alessandra Ambrosio! She’s soooo gorgeous!!! Btw ur supr hott! (: G

Hugo
    August 28th, 2012  11:19 PM

7. You are right, but I think it’s bc most American women used to match the lipstick to the blush to the earrings so she is doing a backlash against that. But shouldn’t is ridiculous.

Naomi picks
    January 6th, 2013  12:30 PM

8. I like it when something matches something in yr outfit. Pants same color as shoes, only then a mismatched bag would look nice.

amel
    January 16th, 2013  11:56 AM

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

SHOP WHAT'S NEW