March 29th, 2012

Superga

Every spring, when it’s time to shelve boots and yet it’s too early for sandals, I have the same dilemma. What are the best transition shoes? Loafers? Belgians? Ballet flats? I have posted on this frustrating topic a number of times and keep ending up in the same place; wearing the same old things.

Inspired by the adorable Alexa Chung, who models in their campaign, I have decided to test drive a pair of Supergas as a run-around option. A sneaker, but not athletic in the least, the Superga is light and comfy. One weird aside, they make my feet look disconcertingly small. They are also a tad young, like Keds for kids. But so far, I like them. I bought all white to pair with my white jeans and am considering navy.

Related  —

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

1. I’m wearing my white ones today, from here on in it’s those or Tod’s loafers unless I hear the siren call of the heel.

Tabitha
    March 29th, 2012  9:32 AM

2. The name is spelled without an “S” at the end: Superga. I have the navy – they go with everything.

Lisa
    March 29th, 2012  10:20 AM

3. It’s plural, as in a pair of… Like Manolos, Valentinos, etc.

Preston
    March 29th, 2012  10:27 AM

4. This post just made my day! This sums up what I’m longing for this summer! A dress- a pair of Superga and a road trip!

Marlo
    March 29th, 2012  11:59 AM

5. They look so great! Have you had them long enough to gage how sturdy they are? I’m spending a semester in Latin America and am looking for some sneakers to carry me through.

Thanks!

CamisaBlanca/A Crisp White Shrit
    March 29th, 2012  4:05 PM

6. One day in Florence for a weekly design meeting I bought some navy Supergas after admiring the many Italians wearing them so well. I happily walked across Piazza della Repubblica for my breakfast meeting at the Hotel Savoy. Upon arrival my very English boss looked at my feet and shuddered. I felt like I was dressed totally wrong and I never wore Supergas again! They are really cool but don’t seem to go with me.

Dianne
    March 29th, 2012  8:24 PM

7. Just wanted to say I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of months now and I love it, thank you. Gorgeous shot of Alexa, the colour grading gives it that balmy golden summer feeling. The other thing I love is those sunglasses – beautiful! Any idea what they are?

msribs
    March 30th, 2012  2:09 AM

8. I love Alexis’ style, but the way she’s sitting is absolutely horrid.

Glenda
    March 30th, 2012  2:40 PM

9. So glad that I live in close proximity to a Zappos warehouse…my husband is contemplating relocating me…in 17 hours I had a pair of navy Supergas sitting on my front porch. Had them on my mind but once I saw your post, knew I was thinking clearly! Cheers!

Amy Richardson
    March 30th, 2012  3:28 PM

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

SHOP WHAT'S NEW →