When KiC launched we agreed that we would only discuss what we like and by omission, our readers could surmise the trends we don’t like. But that was then, and now I singlehandedly edit KiC and think this policy is ridiculous. Here, for the first time, my list of pet-peeve trends that I hope will disappear in 2013.
1. The Platform Pump- This one is first on my list for a reason. I find them so unattractive and cannot for the life of me figure out why they have had such staying power. I don’t mind a platform bootie, but a pump, especially a peep-toe, is just too tranny/trampy for me. I think we should all embrace the return of the single-sole pump.
2. Pajama Dressing- As in wearing a real, honest-to-goodness, men’s inspired PJ top. Especially with pearls, this is not a good look.
3. Print Overload- I actually adore prints, but head to toe, all-mixed-up, ‘please take my picture’ outfits should be outlawed.
4. Biker Jacket- I just bought my daughter a gorgeous olive leather jacket, and I still LOVE leather and ‘moto-inspired’ for spring. But a literal, tough-edged biker jacket is a piece that has had it’s comeback moment.
5. Pithy T shirts- They are silly and juvenile and I just don’t like to wear irony. By all means make a statement with your clothes, just not with what they say.
The peplum almost made this list…
I realize that many will disagree with my list. Please feel free to add your own pet-peeves.
18-karat gold turquoise ring
Kalia denim jacket
Lighter-heel leather mules
Carolina single-breasted wool-twill cocoon coat
Demi-fine 14K gold-plated hoop
Oversized-lapel double-breasted wool-blend coat
Quincy shiny ballerina loafer mule
Pleated checked wool midi skirt
Checked wool blazer
High-rise straight-leg jeans
Blanche leather ankle boots
Bellechasse medium leather-trimmed canvas bag