May 31st, 2013

Feeling Blue

Or more to the point, I’m not feeling white, white jeans that is. Last Friday I posted Long Weekend Look and it just didn’t feel right. I kept looking at it and then it struck me, I’m a tad over white jeans. Paired with white is chic, but with a bright top is unsurprising.

Blue denim, hardly new, feels fresh and right right now.

Images © Harper’s Bazaar & theyallhateus

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

1. The top image with the blue frames and leopard flats is the essence of casual chic to me. White jeans will always be a look to admire, but nothing can replace the eternal appeal of blue denim.

April
    May 31st, 2013  9:05 AM

2. I love the second look here. I often feel a little “off” in red shoes, but they really work with classic blue jeans.

Lauren@Styleseer
    May 31st, 2013  10:32 AM

3. Anyone have any idea who makes those great leopard flats? They don’t look like Tod’s or Belgian slippers but close.

Gayle
    May 31st, 2013  3:03 PM

4. Hang on…,Is blue denim fresh because it’s not the obvious choice for summer? Is unsurprising what’s right right now?

Kristin
    May 31st, 2013  4:10 PM

5. I love both of these looks & I am also curious about the shoes, anyone know who makes either the leopard flats or red shoes? Thanks for all you do, love your blog!

Annie
    May 31st, 2013  5:30 PM

6. I like both of these looks, but for a warm summer climate, I don’t think any look can surpass classic white jeans. Either paired with a white top, or, as Preston mentions,a print or colored top. I have always loved that look, it’s a classic. I especially like white jeans with a white, black, or gray top.

Melanie
    May 31st, 2013  8:44 PM

7. I love the look. Purchased MK loafers, tied a Jo Malone black ribbon to the front medallion….voila!

Sue
    June 1st, 2013  2:23 PM

8. I would love to know who makes Elle’s jeans – have been looking for a similar style (or boyfriend) that is long enough for tall women – I am 5’11″ and the Current Elliott and J Brand boyfriends run too short.

Elizabeth
    June 1st, 2013  4:31 PM

9. @Elizabeth: Have you tried Zara? I find their jeans to be a good length. They have a boyfriend style right now as well.

Cece
    June 2nd, 2013  11:23 AM

10. I have not! Thank you, Cece! And many thanks to Preston for this beautiful blog – I have learned so much and am grateful for this resource.

Elizabeth
    June 2nd, 2013  9:48 PM

11. I assume that’s a saint laurent jacket Elle is wearing. DVINE. any ideas on a similar version?

Zoe
    November 6th, 2013  8:40 PM

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

SHOP WHAT'S NEW