January 3rd, 2014
3 Key Pieces

Spring Essentials

Key Pieces

The resort and spring collections are hitting the stores and I’m starting to wrap my head around what I want to add to my wardrobe. Unlike F/W where I focus primarily on cold weather items, spring is more of a two-part season. I’ll need transitional pieces for those months when I am sick of my winter wardrobe but the temps are still cool, and then later, honest-to-goodness hot weather-wear.

I am on the hunt for these three items to help me transition this spring– a belted top or light jacket, a shirt dress/tunic, and strappy flats; the perfect updated essentials. The shirt dress especially is on my radar for 2014, and this one would be great on it’s own, or layered over jeans and topped with a sweater.

Jacket, shirt dress, flats.

Related  —

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

1. Love the shirtdress. Congrats on your mention in Mark D. Sikes blog! Love him and love your blog as well. Thanks for so many great suggestions that are real-life chic for me.

KB
    January 3rd, 2014  9:42 AM

2. I’m all about classic simplicity with a touch of whimsy, so I love those flats Chloe flats. What a way to start the year ;)

~Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie Coxe
    January 3rd, 2014  10:56 AM

3. Those are great picks! The shirt dress is on my radar for spring too and the one you’ve selected from Acne is unique…love it.

A Note on Style
    January 3rd, 2014  11:42 AM

4. Obsessed with a great white shirt dress to wear over leggings as a run around look. I want the jacket as well, but one that covers the bum to be a bit more figure friendly.
    With financing one child in college and three more just around the corner, my designer days are darkening…wish you had a Higher/Lower alternative to some of these looks. Kindly- Champagne taste on a forced American bubbly budget. HNY

Jean Louise
    January 3rd, 2014  12:09 PM

5. Great picks, but a few questions. I love the idea of a shirtdress, but I’m too old for one that short, and wonder if you think they’re sort of frumpy if they’re not mini? Also, love love the Gucci jacket, but curious how you’d plan to wear it? The shoes are great.

Kathy
    January 3rd, 2014  12:25 PM

6. I’ll take those and a dose of sunshine! Those flats are particularly fetching.

Mme Directrice
    January 3rd, 2014  1:31 PM

7. Love these pieces- great basics. I was looking for some basic pieces that are high quality and will work with existing items in my wardrobe. I find transitional selections the hardest. Recently, I found a website that has amazing simple, classic, high quality and reasonably priced basics that are just amazing- http://www.raefeather.com.
    I have found my go to place for all those easy to put on everyday pieces that make you feel and look great without spending the earth.

melanie
    January 3rd, 2014  1:54 PM

8. Alexa C has inspired me to want strappy flats, but I’m not too sure they’ll look right on me. And I might go for a big white shirt rather than a dress. But basically, yes to everything :-)

joannawnyc
    January 3rd, 2014  2:57 PM

9. Once again, you have made my day. I have a jacket and a shirt dress almost exactly like you pictured! AND I love the Zara scarf that you put up…am looking for that, but it seems to be sold out. Thanks for your talent and Happy New Year!

Cathy Mayo
    January 3rd, 2014  4:57 PM

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

SHOP WHAT'S NEW