April 17th, 2014
Buzz

Sofia Coppola, Guest Editor

Sofia Coppola has edited a special edition of W to be sold with the magazine’s May issue. W’s editor in chief, Stefano Tonchi, tells WWD that Coppola was completely hands on– from the cover of Kirsten Dunst, to a “Q&A by Coppola with Marisa Berenson in Marrakech, a story from Cornelia Guest on her mother’s best entertaining tips and an item by Paul Fortune on his design process for Marc Jacobs’ media room”.

I’m a big fan of Sofia Coppola’s films, personal style, and desire to have a private life despite her famous family and career demands. The issue will be on newsstands Monday.

Untitled-04172014

Related  —

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

1. This is a great idea on the part of W, though I know guest editing has been done before. What sets Sofia apart is her talent and passion for visual imagery. I’ll go out of my way to get a copy of this issue.

Sara G.
    April 17th, 2014  11:53 AM

2. Nothing wrong with a little refinement in my book!

Marcy Carmack
    April 17th, 2014  12:30 PM

3. Refinement, lady-likeness, all seem new and refreshing now. The explicit, overt, in your face, are frankly beginning to feel passé. Been there… saw that.

Sophia has a marvelous sense of what people will want tomorrow. W would be wise to do more with her!

Melinda D
    April 17th, 2014  1:11 PM

4. I love the sub-title, ‘What’s wrong with a little refinement?’ No kidding! Vulgar and gauche have always been vulgar and gauche. It just became the mode of the day. How about, ‘What’s wrong with a little restraint?’ We used to call refinement and restraint ‘good manners!’

Paula
    April 18th, 2014  3:23 AM

5. Well to be honest, if you really desired privacy you needn’t stick your face in a magazine or proceed to interview Lee Radziwill about privacy- sounds a bit hypocritical. Just saying

karlie
    April 18th, 2014  8:53 AM

6. Ooh I’ll look out for this.

That's Not My Age
    April 18th, 2014  10:59 AM

7. Karlie makes a good point. Gotta love interviews of ‘celebrities’ complaining about privacy. Like Gwyneth complaining that her job is so much harder than most women’s jobs, they unfortunately come off as clueless.

Paula
    April 20th, 2014  12:06 AM

Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.

SHOP WHAT'S NEW