May 20th, 2014
It Item

Long Weekend Ahead

For some reason, Memorial Day weekend feels early this year. The unofficial opening act of summer, yet it’s rarely summer-like weather in late May.  However, it is a wake up call in terms of what holes I need to fill  in my summer wardrobe. Criss cross slides, check! New white jeans, check! Striped tops, check! Beach-to-lunch dress, now that’s something I need.  This one by Emerson Fry fits the bill– not a mini and can be dressed up or down. Check!

Would look very cute with the denim jacket in the previous post…

GIANVITO ROSSI

Katie suede sock bootie

PRADA

Belted wool coat

loulou leather over-the-knee boots

BALENCIAGA

Suede Crooked-Heel ankle boot

BALENCIAGA

Everyday tote small leather bag

BRUNELLO CUCINELLI

Padded velvet jacket

LOEWE

Roll-neck argyle-sleeved sweater

GANNI

Ridgewood corduroy trousers

PRADA

Point-toe slingback kitten-heel pumps

PRADA

Patchwork fur jacket

GANNI

Alice square-frame acetate sunglasses

VANESSA SEWARD

Clever leather belt bag

• Now for me this is the perfect white summer dress! Ageless, timeless, versatile, flattering. But it’s been out of stock in my size and I’m on what I imagine is a long waiting list. Fingers crossed!

jillMay 20th, 2014  6:57 AM

• That looks so cute on that model, but honestly, I would look like a hospital patient if I tried it.

LilyMay 20th, 2014  8:46 AM

• Lily: That is EXACTLY what I looked like when I received the dress in a Medium. I have returned it and am looking forward to trying the Small. When they say “loose” the really mean it. Order a size smaller than your normal size for this style.

BarbaraMay 20th, 2014  8:59 AM

• When I was in medical school 15 years ago, nurses wore dresses that looked just like this. Not very flattering, even with heels. I am still searching for a perfect white casual dress

JulieMay 20th, 2014  9:16 AM

• I am sorry to say that to me, that is one ugly dress. Looks like a hospital gown or a housecoat. I like casual clothes that aren’t too fitted but nothing that looks out and out dowdy.
    But the beauty of the world we live in is that you get to like whatever you like!

DeniseMay 20th, 2014  3:01 PM

• Lovely

That's Not My AgeMay 20th, 2014  6:00 PM

• It’s a great style but in “real life” could look – as mentioned – simply like a hospital gown. I’ve purchased from EF – but had to return what I purchased. Unfortunately their product fit and styling don’t look as cute in “real life” as they do in the pages of their catalogs. I applaud their customer service, but have been disappointed in the product: fit and fabric.

MarniMay 20th, 2014  9:04 PM

• I agree with all of us that the dress looks lovely, and since I was tired of being disappointed by lovely dresses looking less than lovely on me, I could not do without my trusted dressmaker for alterations.

SueMMay 20th, 2014  9:44 PM

• Thanks for the feedback on EF clothing. I was wondering if her line was worth a try or just the same as jcrew

SheilaMay 21st, 2014  7:36 AM