July 6th, 2014
Miu Miu Resort

Feeling Groovy

Miu Miu

I love the crocheted vests in the Miu Miu resort collection. They look cool and cozy.

Miu Miu

Miu Miu

miu Miu

Leather jacket

Cropped corduroy pants

Able boot

Embroidered bag

Shearling-lined boots

Mini tote

Sweater dress

• Wish my grandmother was still alive….she could’ve whipped these out in no time……

CariJuly 6th, 2014  8:22 PM

• Truly awful. I don’t know how Muiccia Prada gets away with this! Hate it!

Paula BJuly 6th, 2014  9:25 PM

• Thank heavens Paula said it first. Agreed!

kimJuly 7th, 2014  12:27 AM

• That first dress is beautiful but hard to see past the crocheted potholder on her chest. 🙂

LeeJuly 7th, 2014  12:47 AM

• I made these on a little metal frame when I was 8. Beyond dreadful…will be very lonely on the sale racks.

PatJuly 7th, 2014  8:16 AM

• I agree that the first dress is beautiful but the vest ruins it!! Can’t imagine these vests being flattering on anyone!

Sue TothJuly 7th, 2014  9:10 AM

• We all wanted flying automobiles and instead we got 140 characters.

LorraineJuly 7th, 2014  9:11 AM

• Sorry…they look like they are wearing part of the afghan that was on my mother’s couch in 1966. And the clothes underneath look similar to what I was wearing in 1966. It was not great then, and it’s not great now!

bisbeeJuly 7th, 2014  9:13 AM

• They were called “Granny Squares” and it was a crochet stitch (not a metal loom/potholder) … Back to the 70’s! If you’re inspired, you can jump start the sweater/vest season by learning how to make them here: http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-granny-squares-step-by-step/

LisaJuly 7th, 2014  9:15 AM

• The clothes are not for me, but I like the shoes in the top photo.

A Note On StyleJuly 7th, 2014  9:28 AM

• Pretty sure I had one of these groovy vests to go with my “peanut” pants when I was 10…fashion always circles back no? At my age just can’t do it again

Mary BethJuly 7th, 2014  9:42 AM

Mary BethJuly 7th, 2014  9:44 AM

• Thank you, Paula. I scrolled through the photos in something close to horror. If someone other than a big name designer offered these things, would anyone even give them a second look?

AliJuly 7th, 2014  10:33 AM

• I like them, but in part it’s because I’m nostalgic for the one I had in 7th grade! Love the colors on #2!

joannawnycJuly 7th, 2014  10:58 AM

• Takes me back to when I wanted to be Laurie Partridge.

RTGJuly 7th, 2014  11:13 AM

• Oh my god. Shrinks! I had a shrink. My mother crocheted it for me.

I am far too awash in a haze of nostalgia to actually judge these on their own merits.

And re, RTG’s comment: yes, didn’t we all want to be Laurie Partridge?

LizaJuly 7th, 2014  11:34 AM

• I like the vests. Very cool. I Think they can be great over a simple dress, shirt or t-shirt. It will be a success, you will see.

AnaJuly 7th, 2014  2:13 PM

• My mom used to make these for my sisters and I. There is NO WAY I would wear that again…ever!

MelissaJuly 7th, 2014  3:14 PM

• I’ve discovered that retro fashion does not work for those of us who wore it the first time around. It looks as though we’ve pulled something from the back of the closet, hidden all these years.

pindaJuly 7th, 2014  7:43 PM

• Honestly, what is going on out there in Fashion Land? Designers continue to trot out all kinds silliness, but people keep buying it. My most recent favorite was the short lived overall fad. Women looked like giant toddlers or hillbillies.

AllisonJuly 7th, 2014  9:22 PM

• I like them too – particularly the first one, worn over a dress.

That's Not My AgeJuly 8th, 2014  2:56 AM

• …and, yet. I often find that the things I recoil from initially, turn into the things I really like by the end of the season. When they are no longer available. And, thus, even more desirable. And Mrs P is very good at making things desirable.

SueJuly 8th, 2014  8:48 AM