January 12th, 2015
In The Wall Street Journal

Patricia Urquiola, Designer

WSJ A well-intentioned friend gave us new year’s cards with fortunes inside. Mine read “You couldn’t be less interesting, but you’re going to keep trying, right?”.  Huh?

I’ve been thinking about that fortune (a lot). The upshot is that it’s encouraged me to consider a wider range of women for KiC—women I find interesting, not just for their personal style. The Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola who was profiled in the WSJ this weekend is a good example. I’m fascinated by what she does, how she works, and what inspires her. It’s raining and I may pop in “Paris, Texas”, or pull out Proust for a reread.

Perhaps these interesting women will rub off on me (just kidding)! This is why I stopped reading my horoscope…

GUCCI

Padlock GG Supreme small cross-body bag

MIU MIU

Double-breasted wool coat

Triangle buckle skinny belt

FRAME

Le high cropped straight-leg jeans

GUCCI

Jordaan logo-jacquard velvet loafers

BLAZÉ MILANO

Shamrock black everyday blazer

THE ROW

Andir stretch-ponte skinny pants

LA DOUBLEJ

Via Della Spiga Printed stretch-cotton dress

YVES SALOMON

Reversible shearling coat

SONIA RYKIEL

Frayed checked cotton-blend tweed skirt

HOGAN

Shearling sneakers

VALENTINO

Tiered ruffled silk crepe de chine mini dress

• Caution, reading one’s fortune may be hazardous to one’s ego! Obviously a joke, but thought provoking.

AprilJanuary 12th, 2015  2:44 PM

• Au contraire! You are my first read with my morning coffee so I guess I find you plenty interesting. Tell the fortune cookie to go stuff it.

ellaJanuary 12th, 2015  4:24 PM

• Oh Preston, what twaddle that you could be considered uninteresting! Really.
    Trying new things however is never a bad idea so enjoy, and then do what Ella said.

SueMJanuary 12th, 2015  10:02 PM

• Being true to yourself is always interesting. You put your views and opinions out there every day which takes courage, imagination and tenacity. I think you are on an inspiring path.

LFRJanuary 13th, 2015  1:25 PM

• I would like to echo all of the above comments – I love your blog – which is very interesting. I really enjoyed reading about Patricia, so thank you. I had a rather awful Chinese New Year horoscope myself, but your horoscope is SO wrong it just proves to me not to worry about it at all.

SusanJanuary 14th, 2015  9:08 AM

• LOL! I need to stop reading mine, another nasty habit I developed late last year.

AnitaJanuary 16th, 2015  1:37 PM