February 18th, 2015
It Item

The Barrette

FRANCE LUXE OLD FASHIONED SLIDE BARRETTE

This classic barrette by France Luxe is perfect.

ELIZABETH AND JAMES

Kellen ribbed cotton-blend tunic

GUCCI

Brixton horsebit-detailed leather collapsible-heel loafers

GIOIA BINI

Emma shirtdress

STELLA MCCARTNEY

Eva silk crepe de chine blouse

VINCE

Linen-blend culottes

MIU MIU

Crossover velvet flatform sandals

AQUAZZURA

Quant leopard-print calf hair ankle boots

GIVENCHY

GV3 small textured-leather and suede shoulder bag

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN

Almeria leather wedge espadrilles

Patch-pocket cotton coat

MUUN

Bilbao mini tote

GUCCI

Ginger embellished two-tone textured-leather pumps

• It always is…and I think I need a fresh one. Just wanted to let you know – I got the circle barrette from Nordstrom. It is very well made and absolutely lovely!

bisbeeFebruary 19th, 2015  7:36 AM

• what’s your thought on hair half-up? Is there an age limit?

valerieFebruary 19th, 2015  5:01 PM

• For years, I made regular visits to a hair accessories shop that used to be on Madison. Alexandre de Paris~ My daughter is the lucky beneficiary–she has a beautiful (and whimsical) collection of barrettes & combs, primarily in tortoise, but some in gold. She has beautiful hair, doesn’t color, and now 24 years old, wears them all and adores them. The barrette in shape of a dachshund with a tiny faux diamond eye is her favorite. A simple gold barrette is perfect! Hoping Alexandre de Paris is still there?

PaulaFebruary 20th, 2015  2:12 AM

• So Céline ! I love it, it really adds a luxury touch to any outfit, especially in gold !

CarolineFebruary 20th, 2015  7:40 AM

• No age limit on hair half-up, it’s one of my favorite styles.

PrestonFebruary 20th, 2015  11:52 AM

• I’ve been searching unsuccessfully for Nordstrom circle barrette. What’s the name of it Or link? Thanks for all the great info!

CarolFebruary 20th, 2015  3:31 PM

• I agree with Preston. I love wearing my hair half up, especially if it is a little dirty. This makes me want to run out to my beauty supply store pronto!!!
    Kristin

www.curatorsofstyle.com

KristinFebruary 22nd, 2015  4:28 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.