May 27th, 2015
On My Mind

Chanel

I had lunch today with members of the Chanel PR team, which was a lot of fun. Chatting with them got me thinking about the few times that I worked with Karl Lagerfeld. I cherish the photo above of us talking post-show. Karl was thanking me for the casting, a memory I hold dear.

This summer I want to change-up my everyday perfume. I wore Cristalle in boarding school and think that this is the perfect time to revisit it.

CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC

Checked owl-blend and printed quilted cotton coat

THE ROW

Ashland cropped mid-rise straight-leg jeans

FRYE

Iliana Harkness bucket hobo

Wool and cashmere cardigan

Lauren flat suede Mary Jane slide

Round-frame tortoiseshell sunglasses

JOSEPH

Reversible leather and fur coat

GIANVITO ROSSI

Linda 45 leather pumps

TOMAS MAIER

Zip-detailed stretch-cotton bomber jacket

BURBERRY

Fair Isle cashmere and wool-blend vest

ULLA JOHNSON

Maisie ruffled crinkled silk-satin blouse

Wool-gabardine coat

• Such a neat photo and memory for you, Preston.

I have to add, I too love Christalle and sort of rediscovered it a year or two ago. I Love how fragrance can evoke memories, especially happy ones. When I smell Coco, I am instantly transported to my Freshman year in college and have to laugh at myself wearing such a sophisticated fragrance at 18, but at least it wasn’t Calvin Klein Obsession which think my entire sorrity wore! : )

KellyMay 27th, 2015  11:10 PM

• That’s so funny – so did I before I switched to no19 at uni – it was such a popular scent at our boarding school in England (at least in my year!) will look it up again – Jo Malone all smells so generic these days…..

AcMay 28th, 2015  3:22 AM

• Wonderful photo, you look beautiful. I’m impressed by the level of sophistication you had in choosing a scent as a teenager. I wore Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers and The Body Shop musk oil as a school girl!!

AnitaMay 28th, 2015  5:52 AM

• Preston, what an amazing photo!!! (And yes, I wore and loved Christalle through boarding school and college. Remember Tatiana by Diane Von Furstenberg? Another one we all loved 🙂 )

ToryMay 28th, 2015  5:56 AM

• I love that photo and what a great memory. I wore Chanel No. 19 in college, but I recently tried it and it’s not the same. Hope Cristalle is for you.

KathyMay 28th, 2015  7:08 AM

• Love this photo of you and Karl! Christalle has been and will always be one of my favorites.
    x

AnnMay 28th, 2015  9:39 AM

• This is such a fun post, hearing about fragrances known and loved! I gave our daughter Coco Mademoiselle for her 21st birthday. It was instantly perfect on her and she continues to wear it. At age 14, I used babysitting savings for Dioressence, at that time in a gorgeous, shapely opaque French blue bottle with a smart gold lid (c. 1968). From a young age, I was very tuned into aesthetics and packaging. The fragrance was a bit heady for a girl in junior high.

PaulaMay 28th, 2015  10:02 AM

• Wow, what a great picture ! And I too have gone back to Cristalle – well, gone back after a 3-4 year absence. It’s been a summer favourite for as long as I can remember, and I’m happy to have a fresh new bottle along with the body lotion after a brief flirtation with Jo Malone’s Grapefruit. Cristalle is the perfect, feminine classic.

LisaMay 28th, 2015  10:06 AM

• Preston–what a treasure this picture is!

NancyMay 28th, 2015  3:35 PM

• Been wearing it for 20 years. I stopped for a while and switched to Gypsy Water, but I always go back. It is clean, classic and youthful! Keep up the good work! XoJBT

JamieMay 28th, 2015  4:22 PM

• I love CRISTALLE, i have been using it for years and i always go back to it.
    Just like the comment by Jamie i switched to Gypsy Water but i always keep a bottle of CRISTALLE just in case:)

SharonMay 29th, 2015  9:26 AM

• Just excavated a bottle of Cristalle that I last used in my late 20’s – I immediately felt a little of that old magic and decided Cristalle in my 50’s is just the thing! p.s. always Eau de toilette!
    thanks for the timely confirmation!

CharlotteMay 30th, 2015  8:17 AM

• What a beautiful, wonderful picture ! You look amazing, and that must be such a wonderful memory to have !

CarolineMay 31st, 2015  7:22 AM