L.A.-based accessories designer Kendall Conrad and I caught up over coffee last week. Stunning in jeans and her own flat sandals, every head turned in Sant Ambroeus to check out the ex model. As a fellow mother of two teenage girls, coffee quickly turned into brunch as we discussed colleges, horses, and our similar lifestyles. The epitome of effortless chic, Kendall kindly shared a few of her cannot-live-without items, many from her own line.
My summer uniform:
Shorts, an oxford cloth shirt from Chance, my One Inch Ring Belt, a linen I Pezzi Dipinti scarf from our collab, my Martingala Sandals, I always wear hoops, any one of my leather cuffs, and I never go anywhere without my iPhone case.
Three beauty musts:
1. For me a hot bath is a total luxury and ritual, so deeply relaxing and a chance to recharge my batteries. I like to multi task in the bath and begin with a sea salt scrub that I make, or dry brushing before I get in. I add Epsom salt for tight muscles and aromatherapy oil from Aromatherapy Associates and some almond or apricot oil to keep from drying out. I rub some Castor oil on my elbows and heels for deep moisturizing. I have a bath tray so I can prop up books so I can read while I relax. Twice a week I will add a face masque to my routine. I like Lerosett mud mask for detoxing and Immortelle for nourishing.
2. Always clean your skin well at night. I use jojoba oil which is the best makeup remover I have found and a hot washcloth, then I slather on La Crème Beauty cream which is amazing!
3. Charlotte Tillbury’s mascara in Glossy Black. *Tip: when applying mascara, jiggle the wand at the root of your eyelashes. This coats them and helps to hold a curl better. If you go too heavy on the tips the weight will cause them to straighten faster.
1. Peaky Blinders on Netflix is SO good! Irish gangsters in Birmingham at he turn of the century, told like a western and amazing soundtrack!
2. GT’s Gingerade Kombucha—my favorite, drink ice cold.
3. And I love bulletproof coffee every morning.
Mexico–Hacienda de San Antonio and Cuixmala.