July 2nd, 2015
On MATCHESFASHION.COM

Sarah Harris

MATCHESFASHION.COM has a great Q&A with Sarah Harris, British Vogue‘s fashion features director. Harris’ shopping approach is simple and focused, another reason I’m so inspired by this streetstyle star whose look epitomizes my run-around standard.

VALENTINO

VINCE

Washed-satin skirt

VALENTINO

Embellished pumps

MISSONI

Wrap

• Who makes those sandals?

MelJuly 2nd, 2015  7:59 AM

• Mel the sandals are Manolo Blahnik

GpcJuly 2nd, 2015  8:57 AM

• I love her shopping philosophy and it is so aligned with yours, and something I trying hard to make mine as well.

KathyJuly 2nd, 2015  9:24 AM

• Her comments regarding skirts and dresses resonated with me and probably why I have owned neither in over 30 years!

GpcJuly 2nd, 2015  11:16 AM

• The fashion world is becoming so casual now …. So many chic opportunities
    at their fingertips of Posh & Fab Pieces to wear out on the streets. I remember
    the times when an editor had 5-10 wardrobe bags full of designer show room
    clothing delivered into her hands and that was just for her weekend in
    THE HAMPTONS. ….

Jennie van Weert

Jennifer (Jennie) van WeertJuly 3rd, 2015  6:59 AM

• I am a biig fan of Sara Harris and her chic elegance. I adore her natural beauty mixed with special accesstories to create a classic and modern signature style. Thanks for sharing and have a great holiday!

Marjie

MarjieJuly 3rd, 2015  8:38 AM

• Sarah’s stunning face and figure make it much easier to dress so simply. A lesser mortal could look quite schlumpy in her clothes!

SusanJuly 3rd, 2015  9:02 AM

• Ms. Harris’s disciplined approach to shopping is admirable. My guess is she is also disciplined in most areas of her life, which feeds into her success. I wear dresses more for late day/evening rather than day time, summer excepted. Dresses are so easy, but I don’t experiment with hem length much – basically, there is formal, tea length, mid-calf, grazing the knee, and mini (which I aged out of years ago, so that’s been eliminated). But the best approach is to know thyself and stay true to that.

PaulaJuly 5th, 2015  1:02 AM