April 29th, 2016
It items

Tinker, Tailor…

A number of years ago I bought a The Row Marina shift dress and wore it only once—it was too short.  After relegating the shift to the back of my closet for a few seasons, I pulled it out and shortened it into a tunic (it’s almost identical to the Proenza Schouler top above). Now, I wear it all the time over these J. Brand white jeans. I wore this look yesterday to a lunch at The Mercer Kitchen to pitch a TV show.

J.Brand jeansProenza Schouler topGucci slides.

THEORY

MARNI

Pocket Bandoleer bag

Lace-up corduroy shirt

Corduroy trousers

BALENCIAGA

Small tote

• How exciting. Anything you can share with us? How did the pitch go?

AnnApril 29th, 2016  4:28 PM

• I’d be happy to wear the row dress as a tunic air the proenza schouler top and those Gucci slides anytime!

Paula BApril 29th, 2016  10:35 PM

• wondering – what are your thoughts on white J Brand 811’s vs Frame Le Skinny de Jeanne’s?

AbbyApril 30th, 2016  5:36 AM

• J Brand’s denim is thicker, which I prefer when white. I like my jeans (in any color) to be trim and close-fitting, otherwise they look like ‘Mom’ jeans to me.

PrestonApril 30th, 2016  5:57 AM

• Preston, love your choice to create the tunic out of a too short dress – very smart!

I’m a long-time fan of slides – like the Gucci you show here – for these in-between season days. How do you feel about slides in patent? Too much? I (and good friends) have been back and forth on patent in general recently – I am tempted to cut the cord, but am curious about your thoughts.

TabithaApril 30th, 2016  7:12 AM

• I love my Valentino Tangos in patent, not sure how I’d feel about patent slides. The calf on the Gucci pair is beautiful.

PrestonApril 30th, 2016  7:33 AM

• My two cents about patent slides: I had a pair and gave them away as the leather didn’t have enough “give” and so they were murder on the top of my toes. I prefer a softer leather or suede in a slide.

SueMApril 30th, 2016  7:50 AM

• Love the outfit, the PS top is great. Good luck with whatever you’re pitching…..they’d be lucky to have you.

KathyApril 30th, 2016  8:14 AM

• I, too, wish you the best of luck in your project. But please do NOT give up this wonderful blog.

BarbaraApril 30th, 2016  9:36 AM

• Great outfit. And how exciting to hear about your pitch! Please do share with us when you can.

C.MicholApril 30th, 2016  11:14 AM

• OOOh a pitch, Preston! Best of luck, whatever it is, I have a feeling it will be brilliant.

disneyrollergirlApril 30th, 2016  1:15 PM