As Jennifer mentioned, I am on Martha’s Vineyard, where I have summered my entire life. One of my favorite spots to pick up little cotton summer dresses for under $50, tunics, summer scarves, straw market baskets, and flip-flops, is an itty-bitty shop in Aquinnah called On The Cliffs. The name is apt, as the shop literally sits at the top of the famed Gay Head cliffs.
Yesterday I picked up an adorable navy cotton dress with navy embroidery for a mere $30. Along with a new rope bracelet and a lobster roll (both can be bought right there as well), I am in full vacation mode.
August is like the calm before the storm. And Preston and I are taking advantage of it: I’m going to Nantucket next week, she’s off to Martha’s Vineyard for her second time this season.
Hence, our Maybe Lists: Things to do IF, and only IF, we feel like it. Come September it will be back to business as usual.
JENNIFER’S TO DO LIST:
1) Kayacking with my girls in Nantucket and perhaps new places in our area when we return.
2) Read Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart. Started it at pool today. Am already hooked 10 pages in.
3) Drink more cocktails with fresh mint–mojitos in particular, while it is still growing on my back porch.
4) Playing tourist with girls in NYC before school starts. Rent a boat in Central Park, visit Top of the Rock and Empire State Building.
PRESTON’S TO DO LIST:
1) Eat at The Bite in Menemsha (again).
2) Think about what I am going to do with all my free time once the girls go back to school.