When KiC launched we agreed that we would only discuss what we like and by omission, our readers could surmise the trends we don’t like. But that was then, and now I singlehandedly edit KiC and think this policy is ridiculous. Here, for the first time, my list of pet-peeve trends that I hope will disappear in 2013.
1. The Platform Pump- This one is first on my list for a reason. I find them so unattractive and cannot for the life of me figure out why they have had such staying power. I don’t mind a platform bootie, but a pump, especially a peep-toe, is just too tranny/trampy for me. I think we should all embrace the return of the single-sole pump.
2. Pajama Dressing- As in wearing a real, honest-to-goodness, men’s inspired PJ top. Especially with pearls, this is not a good look.
3. Print Overload- I actually adore prints, but head to toe, all-mixed-up, ‘please take my picture’ outfits should be outlawed.
4. Biker Jacket- I just bought my daughter a gorgeous olive leather jacket, and I still LOVE leather and ‘moto-inspired’ for spring. But a literal, tough-edged biker jacket is a piece that has had it’s comeback moment.
5. Pithy T shirts- They are silly and juvenile and I just don’t like to wear irony. By all means make a statement with your clothes, just not with what they say.
The peplum almost made this list…
I realize that many will disagree with my list. Please feel free to add your own pet-peeves.Love This
Belted leather biker jacket
Gathered Knit Midi Dress
Cropped leather jacket
Triple Francois 18kt gold vermeil earrings
Jimmy Leather Puffer Jacket
Le 57 quilted leather shoulder bag
Belted wool blazer
Blade velvet slingback pumps
Silvia silk-twill scarf
Logo-embellished leather loafers
Crocheted Cotton-Blend Midi Skirt
Braided leather bangle
Delcie tie-detailed ramie midi dress
Gate knotted leather slippers
Postcard fringed crocheted straw bucket hat
Santos de Cartier metal shield sunglasses