When KiC launched we agreed that we would only discuss what we like and by omission, our readers could surmise the trends we don’t like. But that was then, and now I singlehandedly edit KiC and think this policy is ridiculous. Here, for the first time, my list of pet-peeve trends that I hope will disappear in 2013.
1. The Platform Pump- This one is first on my list for a reason. I find them so unattractive and cannot for the life of me figure out why they have had such staying power. I don’t mind a platform bootie, but a pump, especially a peep-toe, is just too tranny/trampy for me. I think we should all embrace the return of the single-sole pump.
2. Pajama Dressing- As in wearing a real, honest-to-goodness, men’s inspired PJ top. Especially with pearls, this is not a good look.
3. Print Overload- I actually adore prints, but head to toe, all-mixed-up, ‘please take my picture’ outfits should be outlawed.
4. Biker Jacket- I just bought my daughter a gorgeous olive leather jacket, and I still LOVE leather and ‘moto-inspired’ for spring. But a literal, tough-edged biker jacket is a piece that has had it’s comeback moment.
5. Pithy T shirts- They are silly and juvenile and I just don’t like to wear irony. By all means make a statement with your clothes, just not with what they say.
The peplum almost made this list…
I realize that many will disagree with my list. Please feel free to add your own pet-peeves.Love This
Tiered ruffled silk crepe de chine mini dress
Buckle kitten-heel leather pumps
Cornelia double-breasted cotton trench coat
Nutson broderie anglaise ramie blouse
Jane cross-strap stud-embellished sandals
Tuxedo box clutch
Nolia crepe midi dress
Stretch-suede 70mm bootie
Felix large leather and suede shoulder bag
Kim square sunglasses
Jersey sport stretch bootie