September 29th, 2013

Show Status: Céline

Here are two looks I like from the Céline show. I understand Phoebe’s wanting to move in a new direction, however, the graffiti printed pieces don’t work for me.

FRED LEIGHTON

Collection gold, silver and diamond ring

TOMAS MAIER

Eyelet-embellished intarsia merino wool turtleneck sweater

PRADA

Mid-heel suede knee-high boots

SELIM MOUZANNAR

Beirut 18-karat rose gold diamond ring

MARA HOFFMAN

Camilla one-shoulder textured-organic cotton maxi dress

MARNI

medium Trunk shoulder bag

BOTTEGA VENETA

Cotton-blend poplin top

MIU MIU

Wool sweater

SOPHIE BUHAI

Gold vermeil hoop earrings

KHAITE

Charlotte cotton-gabardine trench coat

HAIDER ACKERMANN

Two-tone crepe blouse

HAIDER ACKERMANN

Oversized silk-charmeuse shirt

• Deeply in love with the first pair of shoes.

KathySeptember 29th, 2013  2:24 PM

• I loved the Celine show…lots of wearable looks with flowing skirts and long tops…not a bare midriff in sight! Did you love the fringe bags?

karimaSeptember 29th, 2013  2:32 PM

• I soooo wanted to….suppose I’m not forward enough. Some of the tassels looked like upholstery bits and some of the cuts didn’t thrill me. It will take some further review, but I thought Chloe out-Celine’d her.

SueMSeptember 30th, 2013  9:42 AM

• Love the clothes…can do without the bag and the blackened brows!

bisbeeSeptember 30th, 2013  9:43 AM

• Interested to hear your thoughts on the Celine show….

That's Not My AgeSeptember 30th, 2013  11:47 AM

• Love celine, love Phoebe, but did not love this show at all!! There was nothing wearable in it for me. Those silohuettes only work on long and thin models, and her shoes are just getting more and more weird, and I love weird.

ameeSeptember 30th, 2013  12:04 PM

• These smocks uncannily resemble an apron I just purchased from Ambatalia. I hadn’t planned on leaving my house in it, but now I wonder….?

ElizabethSeptember 30th, 2013  1:51 PM

• Black girls in a Celine show? I thought I was seeing things! It’s about time.

RTGSeptember 30th, 2013  2:50 PM

• I know very little about fashion. It seems it was inspired by some African ethnic culture. Not my taste… But at least it was original and creative.

EllenSeptember 30th, 2013  5:52 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.