February 18th, 2015
It Item

The Barrette

FRANCE LUXE OLD FASHIONED SLIDE BARRETTE

This classic barrette by France Luxe is perfect.

FRED LEIGHTON

Collection gold, silver and diamond ring

TOMAS MAIER

Eyelet-embellished intarsia merino wool turtleneck sweater

PRADA

Mid-heel suede knee-high boots

SELIM MOUZANNAR

Beirut 18-karat rose gold diamond ring

MARA HOFFMAN

Camilla one-shoulder textured-organic cotton maxi dress

MARNI

medium Trunk shoulder bag

BOTTEGA VENETA

Cotton-blend poplin top

MIU MIU

Wool sweater

SOPHIE BUHAI

Gold vermeil hoop earrings

KHAITE

Charlotte cotton-gabardine trench coat

HAIDER ACKERMANN

Two-tone crepe blouse

HAIDER ACKERMANN

Oversized silk-charmeuse shirt

• It always is…and I think I need a fresh one. Just wanted to let you know – I got the circle barrette from Nordstrom. It is very well made and absolutely lovely!

bisbeeFebruary 19th, 2015  7:36 AM

• what’s your thought on hair half-up? Is there an age limit?

valerieFebruary 19th, 2015  5:01 PM

• For years, I made regular visits to a hair accessories shop that used to be on Madison. Alexandre de Paris~ My daughter is the lucky beneficiary–she has a beautiful (and whimsical) collection of barrettes & combs, primarily in tortoise, but some in gold. She has beautiful hair, doesn’t color, and now 24 years old, wears them all and adores them. The barrette in shape of a dachshund with a tiny faux diamond eye is her favorite. A simple gold barrette is perfect! Hoping Alexandre de Paris is still there?

PaulaFebruary 20th, 2015  2:12 AM

• So Céline ! I love it, it really adds a luxury touch to any outfit, especially in gold !

CarolineFebruary 20th, 2015  7:40 AM

• No age limit on hair half-up, it’s one of my favorite styles.

PrestonFebruary 20th, 2015  11:52 AM

• I’ve been searching unsuccessfully for Nordstrom circle barrette. What’s the name of it Or link? Thanks for all the great info!

CarolFebruary 20th, 2015  3:31 PM

• I agree with Preston. I love wearing my hair half up, especially if it is a little dirty. This makes me want to run out to my beauty supply store pronto!!!
    Kristin

www.curatorsofstyle.com

KristinFebruary 22nd, 2015  4:28 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.