August 29th, 2016
Vogue Japan

‘The Luxury of Beige’

One of my favorite models, Iselin Steiro, looks gorgeous in this Vogue Japan story. Beige is my color this fall.

Photography by Lachlan Bailey  Styling by Geraldine Saglio

Double-breasted wool-blend felt coat

J.W. ANDERSON

Pierce gold-plated choker

J.W. ANDERSON

Pierce medium embellished leather shoulder bag

MARNI

Tie-backgathered stretch-cotton jersey top

ALAIA

Jacquard-knit midi skirt

J.W. ANDERSON

open flat ballerina shoes

ELLERY

Ritzy A-line wool-blend skirt

THE ROW

Emil leather ankle boots

BOTTEGA VENETA

Snake-trimmed intrecciato leather shoulder bag

SONIA RYKIEL

Grosgrain-trimmed ruffled cotton-velvet jacket

SONIA RYKIEL

Pleated cotton-velvet culottes

MR BY MAN REPELLER

Woven canvas clogs

• The model reminds me of you – love her slightly off center part, and all shades of beige.

KathyAugust 30th, 2016  7:31 AM

• Kathy, you are very kind.

PrestonAugust 30th, 2016  7:39 AM

• The images are lovely. The clothing has a casual elegance that is timeless. Sort of off topic, but I notice the Slim Aarons volume, “Women” in the sidebar. There was a bit of a round robin about raising our game in public, i.e., five star hotels and sweatpants, awhile ago and it was quite interesting. Is it possible to be groomed to the level of Mr. Aaron’s subjects today without looking dated? Does anyone do this type of thing well today and, if so, who? Thank you for taking a minute to think about this topic.

TraceyAugust 30th, 2016  8:29 AM

• I think Aerin Lauder exemplifies modern elegance. I saw her at an Andover cocktail last weekend and she was the most beautifully dressed woman at the event without being overdone.

PrestonAugust 30th, 2016  9:05 AM

• The pants and coat in the third shot are to die but I chuckled to myself thinking “if I still had all the money I’ve spent trying to have her hair colour, I could buy the coat in the fourth shot!”

SueMAugust 30th, 2016  10:18 AM

• I love the marigold pants. Do you know the designer? I also agree with Tracey. She makes a great point. I would love to hear what Aerin wore to the cocktail party!

LeslieAugust 30th, 2016  10:50 AM

• Beautiful clothes! I also agree with Tracey and would love to hear more of your thoughts on this topic, Preston

kimAugust 30th, 2016  11:31 AM

• Do we know who makes that patchwork sweater? Love it!

AnnAugust 30th, 2016  1:53 PM

• I love the term ’round robin’ to describe a spirited conversation about a current fashion-related topic. If chicness isn’t preparing oneself to step out the door, then what is it? I am the guilty party who suggested that taking care of our public self includes maintaining a healthy body/figure/shape. I heartily agree regarding Ms. Lauder.

PaulaAugust 30th, 2016  2:22 PM

• Beige is ALWAYS my color! Beautiful lay out.

BetsyAugust 31st, 2016  6:57 PM