February 28th, 2017
It Item

Off-The-Shoulder

Last year I toyed with buying an off-the-shoulder dress or top but thought it would be a flash in the pan trend and didn’t pull the trigger. A year later and it’s still going strong. In chambray is crazy chic, I may have to try this one by The Great.

J.W. Anderson earrings and K. Jacques sandals (I love the black sole)

FRED LEIGHTON

1800s gold and sterling diamond ring

MIU MIU

Embellished crepe coat

ELEVEN SIX

Alexia tie-back crocheted Pima cotton tank

MARC JACOBS

Duchesse-satin skirt

EUGENIA KIM

Mischka leather beret

MARC JACOBS

Balmacaan textured coated-cotton coat

ELEVEN SIX

Tia crocheted Pima cotton mini dress

MARNI

Gold-tone, poplin and crystal brooch

PRADA

Feather-trimmed silk-crepon top

Charlotte medium leather bag

CÉLINE EYEWEAR

Kim square sunglasses

ERDEM X H&M

Mohair-blend sweater

• I felt the same way. I can’t decide if ill still like it in 6 months

judiFebruary 28th, 2017  8:23 PM

• This one actually looks comfortable too, so many look like it’d be hard to keep the off the shoulder look “in place”. Love the chambray.

KathyMarch 1st, 2017  2:46 AM

• I can’t wear most off the shoulder (boob issues) but I love the chambray and I have worn black when bra/tank straps don’t look so out of place. K Jacques with black soles!!! Done.

SueMMarch 1st, 2017  10:55 AM

• just ordered the K Jacques. So simple and elegant.

LynetteMarch 1st, 2017  11:57 AM

• You post a lot on K Jacques sandals and while I love the way they look (and the price), the sole looks very hard and uncomfortable. Is this true? Have you seen similar sandals out there with a more cushioned sole? I have such a hard time finding slim, simple yet comfortable sandals. The only ones I can think of are Manolo but they are so much more expensive. Thanks!

AlexisMarch 1st, 2017  4:44 PM

• I have seen many dresses that are one shoulder which I like very much and prefer to off both shoulders. I think strapless is gorgeous (as in wedding gowns, formal, cocktail, etc.). This looks like a fun, novelty dress for casual and wouldn’t require a huge investment in the event the mood passes quickly.

PaulaMarch 2nd, 2017  1:09 AM

• I bought the dress – and it’s really cute. My husband like it a lot as well.

OK – so here is the question: when it too old for off the shoulders? I’ve always had good shoulders – and at this stage, my shoulders are better than my legs.

What do you think?

LilyMarch 7th, 2017  4:00 PM

• Never too old for off the shoulder, looks great on any age.

PrestonMarch 7th, 2017  4:12 PM

• Thank you for the reply!

LilyMarch 7th, 2017  5:41 PM