February 28th, 2017
It Item

Off-The-Shoulder

Last year I toyed with buying an off-the-shoulder dress or top but thought it would be a flash in the pan trend and didn’t pull the trigger. A year later and it’s still going strong. In chambray is crazy chic, I may have to try this one by The Great.

J.W. Anderson earrings and K. Jacques sandals (I love the black sole)

J. CREW

Demi-fine 14K gold-plated hoop

Oversized-lapel double-breasted wool-blend coat

Quincy shiny ballerina loafer mule

BURBERRY

Pleated checked wool midi skirt

CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC

Checked wool blazer

CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC

High-rise straight-leg jeans

MONCLER

Blanche leather ankle boots

Bellechasse medium leather-trimmed canvas bag

PRADA

Double breasted coat

PRADA

Flared corduroy trousers

Square belt bag

PRADA

Flared corduroy trousers

• I felt the same way. I can’t decide if ill still like it in 6 months

judiFebruary 28th, 2017  8:23 PM

• This one actually looks comfortable too, so many look like it’d be hard to keep the off the shoulder look “in place”. Love the chambray.

KathyMarch 1st, 2017  2:46 AM

• I can’t wear most off the shoulder (boob issues) but I love the chambray and I have worn black when bra/tank straps don’t look so out of place. K Jacques with black soles!!! Done.

SueMMarch 1st, 2017  10:55 AM

• just ordered the K Jacques. So simple and elegant.

LynetteMarch 1st, 2017  11:57 AM

• You post a lot on K Jacques sandals and while I love the way they look (and the price), the sole looks very hard and uncomfortable. Is this true? Have you seen similar sandals out there with a more cushioned sole? I have such a hard time finding slim, simple yet comfortable sandals. The only ones I can think of are Manolo but they are so much more expensive. Thanks!

AlexisMarch 1st, 2017  4:44 PM

• I have seen many dresses that are one shoulder which I like very much and prefer to off both shoulders. I think strapless is gorgeous (as in wedding gowns, formal, cocktail, etc.). This looks like a fun, novelty dress for casual and wouldn’t require a huge investment in the event the mood passes quickly.

PaulaMarch 2nd, 2017  1:09 AM

• I bought the dress – and it’s really cute. My husband like it a lot as well.

OK – so here is the question: when it too old for off the shoulders? I’ve always had good shoulders – and at this stage, my shoulders are better than my legs.

What do you think?

LilyMarch 7th, 2017  4:00 PM

• Never too old for off the shoulder, looks great on any age.

PrestonMarch 7th, 2017  4:12 PM

• Thank you for the reply!

LilyMarch 7th, 2017  5:41 PM