July 8th, 2017
On My Mind

Tennis Time

Wimbledon is my favorite tournament and it’s on while I work. Now that my girls are older, I am freed up and can work more. I’ve been thinking (and learning) about real estate and how I love to look at houses, much the same way that I look at shoes and bags. As with fashion, it’s all in the details when it comes to a good house, which brings me to the indoor and outdoor courts at this 1920s brick Georgian home (and it’s for sale!) in Lattingtown, NY—for a tennis fanatic like myself, it doesn’t get much better than this.

Please let me know if you would like more information on this amazing house.

Double-breasted wool-blend felt coat

J.W. ANDERSON

Pierce gold-plated choker

J.W. ANDERSON

Pierce medium embellished leather shoulder bag

MARNI

Tie-backgathered stretch-cotton jersey top

ALAIA

Jacquard-knit midi skirt

J.W. ANDERSON

open flat ballerina shoes

ELLERY

Ritzy A-line wool-blend skirt

THE ROW

Emil leather ankle boots

BOTTEGA VENETA

Snake-trimmed intrecciato leather shoulder bag

SONIA RYKIEL

Grosgrain-trimmed ruffled cotton-velvet jacket

SONIA RYKIEL

Pleated cotton-velvet culottes

MR BY MAN REPELLER

Woven canvas clogs

• I would also like indoor pool!

HelenJuly 8th, 2017  7:18 AM

• My love of fashion definitely spurred my love of houses, interior design, and architecture. So much so that I had my second career as a realtor. Now that I have retired from that career, I’m just enjoying interior design blogs and instagram more than ever. No doubt they are all connected.

KarenJuly 8th, 2017  7:41 AM

• I agree with Karen and am thrilled that you will be showing houses—real estate is indeed chic! Congratulations on expanding your purview, I’m excited to see where it takes you, Preston.

ClaireJuly 8th, 2017  8:15 AM

• Hi Preston, you’ve been hinting for some time now that you are going to include more home posts and hopefully this is the start of that. As a long-time reader, I love that you are expanding the content and as Karen said, fashion, interior design, and real estate are all connected. Good luck!

MichelleJuly 8th, 2017  8:31 AM

• My love of houses and interior design is what made me interested in fashion – excited to see more of this on your blog. This house looks amazing. More photos please……

KathyJuly 8th, 2017  9:17 AM

• If anyone can make real estate chic, it would be you! I love that you focused on the tennis courts, brilliant!

EmilyJuly 8th, 2017  4:37 PM

• I’ve always felt that fashion and interiors are tightly connected. Before my work as an interior designer, I worked as a buyer and the transition was seamless. I imagine this would be the case with real estate as well.

What I love most about your new endeavor is taking the time to learn something new. I think as we grow older, it’s extremely important to continue to challenge ourselves and try skills in a variety of areas. I look forward to seeing the homes you share with your keen eye.

karimaJuly 8th, 2017  6:18 PM

• Thank you for the nice comments and words of encouragement!

PrestonJuly 8th, 2017  7:28 PM

• Have followed KIC for years. Adore your style. I, too am a realtor , and rarely leave a home I’ve shown without being inspired in some way.

DeeJuly 8th, 2017  10:31 PM

• The outdoor tennis court is positively charming ~ so very exciting!!

PaulaJuly 9th, 2017  10:33 AM