July 18th, 2017
It Item

Blazé Milano

The Blazé Milano motto, “Every cool girl is half boy” succinctly sums up the founders’ vision for their blazers. Corrada Rodriguez D’Acri, Delfina Pinardi, and Sole Torlonia—Elle Italia alums—launched their line in 2014 and have been gaining traction and fans ever since. The focus on details, especially the smiley pocket and piping, is the game changer that makes these blazers stand out.

Blazé Milano blazers hereherehere and here.

CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC

Checked owl-blend and printed quilted cotton coat

THE ROW

Ashland cropped mid-rise straight-leg jeans

FRYE

Iliana Harkness bucket hobo

Wool and cashmere cardigan

Lauren flat suede Mary Jane slide

Round-frame tortoiseshell sunglasses

GIANVITO ROSSI

Linda 45 leather pumps

TOMAS MAIER

Zip-detailed stretch-cotton bomber jacket

BURBERRY

Fair Isle cashmere and wool-blend vest

ULLA JOHNSON

Maisie ruffled crinkled silk-satin blouse

Wool-gabardine coat

• So beautiful, and they fit (me at least) so well. I have one, and another on pre-order. I haven’t bought a blazer in years!

KathyJuly 18th, 2017  8:35 AM

• I just bought the navy one that’s in your shop and it’s gorgeous. I really wanted a navy blazer and as far as I was concerned, there were a lot of boxes to check…quality, tailoring, details, fit. As soon as I opened the box from Matches, I knew I had it all. I had returned two blazers in my quest, one from Stella and one from Max Mara, that weren’t even close. Will definitely buy another one…or two from them!

KimJuly 18th, 2017  9:36 AM

• Top of my list for my next book launch!

That's Not My AgeJuly 18th, 2017  9:40 AM

• Would love to have feedback on sizing–one of the websites mentioned that the blazers run small.

LindaJuly 18th, 2017  4:55 PM

• Linda, I didn’t find that they ran small, but only My Theresa explains the sizing. A zero fits a zero to a 2, a 1, a size 4, 2, size 6, 3 size 8, 4 size 10. I don’t know why the other sites don’t show this. I wear a 3 which is supposedly an 8 equivalent, which is my normal blazer size. It’s not oversized and I couldn’t wear a sweater under it, but definitely a tee shirt or silk shirt. I got the black wool crepe, and have a burgundy velvet on preorder. If they came out with a tweed or plaid I liked, I’d probably size up to a 4. Hope that helps.

KathyJuly 18th, 2017  5:07 PM

• Linda, I think I saw that comment on a site as well. I’m 5’9 with broad shoulders and will usually take an IT 46 or a US 12 just so I can reach forward comfortably then have the waist tapered by a seamstress. I took a 4 and thought it was just fine. That said, I couldn’t get anything very heavy underneath it.

KimJuly 18th, 2017  5:14 PM

• love these blazers! kathy is right about the sizing. i bought the navy velvet in a 3 which fits perfectly. i am typically an 8 in a jacket.planning to wear it day and night. i might go up a size if i wanted to wear a sweater. they are so chic and preston you have the best eye especially for bringing our attention to all your great finds.
    sally

sallyJuly 18th, 2017  5:40 PM

• Thank you for your help! I ordered the black wool crepe and I”m very excited to see it–

LindaJuly 18th, 2017  6:19 PM

• Linda – that’s what I have, the black wool crepe and it’s gorgeous. Great with jeans, or as dressy as a tuxedo jacket. Can’t wait to hear what you think.

KathyJuly 18th, 2017  7:10 PM

• This blazer is absolutely stunning. The fabric, the detailing, the fit…After ordering 2 sizes, I would say that it runs true to size. I know it will be a “grab for” in my closet, and one of those pieces that I will thank KIC for, as I never would have found it on my own.

LindaJuly 25th, 2017  2:40 PM

• So happy Linda that you wrote and told us all. It’s amazing isn’t it? I agree – would never have found it on my own, so thanks again Preston!

KathyJuly 27th, 2017  7:38 AM