October 20th, 2017
Insta-Grab

Linda Wright Inspired

I follow Paris-based Linda Wright on Instagram and am besotted with her personal style. Born in Texas, the Ralph Lauren alum has lived in Paris for 38 years and has the shop Crimson, which sells the most beautiful cashmere ponchos.

But it’s her uniform of jeans (Dior above), cashmere sweaters, little blazers, and loafers or sneakers that keeps me checking her feed daily.

CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC

Checked owl-blend and printed quilted cotton coat

THE ROW

Ashland cropped mid-rise straight-leg jeans

FRYE

Iliana Harkness bucket hobo

Wool and cashmere cardigan

Lauren flat suede Mary Jane slide

Round-frame tortoiseshell sunglasses

JOSEPH

Reversible leather and fur coat

GIANVITO ROSSI

Linda 45 leather pumps

TOMAS MAIER

Zip-detailed stretch-cotton bomber jacket

BURBERRY

Fair Isle cashmere and wool-blend vest

ULLA JOHNSON

Maisie ruffled crinkled silk-satin blouse

Wool-gabardine coat

• One of my favorites too. Aside from her amazing personal style, she always exudes happiness.

KarimaOctober 20th, 2017  9:29 AM

• Thank you, thank you, for introducing me to Linda Wright’s Instagram. She is exactly the type of style icon I enjoy following. She has that great Gentlewoman style!

karenOctober 20th, 2017  9:59 AM

• Enviable style. Also, I’m not sure how I’ve lived this long without a pair of the Jordaan loafers. Inevitable.

SueMOctober 20th, 2017  10:09 AM

• Likewise- I love her style and Joie de vivre.

I love her wonderful shop Crimson – everything I have bought there is A treasured piece in my wardrobe.

MelanieOctober 20th, 2017  10:12 AM

• Yes! I love her style!

LilahOctober 20th, 2017  10:24 AM

• I follow her too and love her style and her sense of self. She exudes confidence and positivity.

KathyOctober 20th, 2017  11:13 AM

• linda is an amazing woman! such a joy to see her on your blog today. besides having more style than anyone i know, she is generous and kind beyond belief.
    sally

sallyOctober 20th, 2017  12:34 PM

• So chic! Off to follow her now. thanks for sharing. I like that socks with Gucci loafers look.

kennyOctober 20th, 2017  1:39 PM

• She exudes true style. Something your born with.

TessOctober 20th, 2017  3:47 PM

• Inspiring . Thank you for posting a chic lady with wearable fashion sense.

LinusOctober 20th, 2017  4:35 PM

• Thanks for featuring Linda. I adore her posts! Her recent comfort post with her Dior denims and navy cashmere was so inspiring. So real, so chic, so understated.
    Def my muse!

MishOctober 20th, 2017  6:52 PM

• Thank you Preston for featuring Linda. Love her style!
    She looks elegant and tasteful! I am so tired of seeing teenagers featured on the runway and in magazines. Love seeing someone who is chic and a grown up!

Paula BOctober 20th, 2017  9:29 PM

• Linda Wright’s posts always brighten my IG feed; so simply, effortlessly chic!

agnes baddooOctober 20th, 2017  10:50 PM

• Dearrest Preston……..Please allow me to say thank you for your vote of confidence in my style. What a surprise when seeing this and What an honor you have given me to be included in your work. To you and all the lovely individuals who have left comments, I send heartfelt hugs from Paris. Thank you for giving me Just The Biggest Smile ever!!!

Linda WrightOctober 21st, 2017  2:59 AM

• Thank you for introducing us to this inspirational lady. I’ve enjoyed looking at her stylish outfits, and reading her spot on message about kindness. Now if only her shop online featured more offerings…it would be nice to purchase some of her beautiful designs before my next trip to Paris!

KIC fanOctober 21st, 2017  8:33 AM

• I loved seeing this post…Rue Marbeuf!!! My husband and I are living in Paris part-time right now and wondered into her store about a year or so ago + bought him the best-looking cashmere scarf with motobikes on it. We walked by the store a few weeks ago and I saw that scarf with the red diamonds hanging in the window (top photo). It looks like a Pierre Frey fabric…it’s one of the prettiest things I’ve ever seen!!

Melanie SteinemannOctober 21st, 2017  1:12 PM

• Love this post! She is so chic! I will be following her instagram too. Her style is something I can aspire to, and she’s stunning. I hope she expands her online store to include sweaters, etc. Please!

KimOctober 21st, 2017  2:36 PM

• Late to this conversation but ditto all of the comments above.! I see a lot of Ralph Lauren in Ms. Wright’s smooth style – yet, Ralph’s influences always allow the individual woman to come through. Ralph’s look may be out of vogue with the young set, but they are missing the boat if they don’t incorporate his classical and distinctly modern American woman elements into their look. They don’t understand what an elevated level of taste and chic he brought to everything he touched. For me, simplicity is the most chic. Denim, cashmere, good shoes – it doesn’t require much more for day-to-day! So much of the high priced clutter that is offered today is, as one KIC reader recently said, “utterly forgettable.” Ralph’s influence has had staying power because it is truly excellent to begin with, and he, like Karl Lagerfeld, is a gifted artist – not to mention it works for women of every age and stage in life.

PaulaOctober 21st, 2017  3:51 PM

• Have just spent a delightful morning browsing Linda’s Instagram photos (thanks to your post Preston). I’m closer in age to Linda’s daughters but it is her style that I’m in love with!

Beautiful classic pieces with her own individual twist. I may be young(ish) but I have no time for the “high priced clutter that is offered today” (as Paula so succinctly put it)!

AnitaOctober 21st, 2017  7:00 PM

• Wow what an amazing woman! I live very near her shop and I’m ashamed to say I’ve never been in. I tend to shop when I go to New to visit my family but I will go for sure. Thank you for showing me what’s on my own doorstep.

RTGOctober 23rd, 2017  4:24 AM

• I’ve been obsessing about those Dior jeans since your post. Any idea where to get a similar feel in a jean without a door price? You and your faithful readers are so good at this sort of thing I thought I’d ask!!

Paula BOctober 23rd, 2017  8:38 AM

• Dior price ( typo in above comment- sorry)

Paula BOctober 23rd, 2017  8:39 AM

• I think you will believe me when I confide with you that Linda has had this infectious smile and love of life since she was born Deep in The Heart of Texas. She has always been such a bright light in my long life and guess what else: she just keeps getting better and better. I too love how she dresses and comports herself. What a joy. I am her Aunt Becky, so proud to be.

Becca TindallOctober 23rd, 2017  3:30 PM

• Becca- Thank you for this lovely comment!

PrestonOctober 23rd, 2017  5:01 PM