February 13th, 2018
Winter Olympics

Curling Crazy

No, this is not about hair; I’ve been watching the Olympics.

Chloe Kim may be a snowboarding phenom and Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir’s biting skating commentary and matching outfits have been hilarious, but curling has caught my, and seemingly everyones, attention. Could it be the stunning Russian curler Anastasia Bryzgalova?

Anastasia and her husband won the bronze and now I’m hooked on curling—go figure.

AQUAZZURA

Quant leopard-print calf hair ankle boots

ELIZABETH AND JAMES

Kellen ribbed cotton-blend tunic

GUCCI

Brixton horsebit-detailed leather collapsible-heel loafers

GIOIA BINI

Emma shirtdress

STELLA MCCARTNEY

Eva silk crepe de chine blouse

VINCE

Linen-blend culottes

MIU MIU

Crossover velvet flatform sandals

GIVENCHY

GV3 small textured-leather and suede shoulder bag

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN

Almeria leather wedge espadrilles

Patch-pocket cotton coat

MUUN

Bilbao mini tote

GUCCI

Ginger embellished two-tone textured-leather pumps

• Check out Jason Gay’s column in the WSJ on the OARS team uniform–you’ll then understand why curling has become so appealing…

LindaFebruary 13th, 2018  9:27 PM

• I’m totally hooked on…snowboarding!?!? Both slope style and half pike. Chloe Kim and Jamie Anderson are amazing.

KathyFebruary 13th, 2018  10:16 PM

• this is considered stunning?

kransFebruary 14th, 2018  4:13 AM

• Anastasia Bryzgalova is stunning. No stylist, no cosmetic sponsor, no editorial in Vogue (yet). A woman athlete without artifice, healthy body, competing alongside a man. Yes, stunning.

LorraineFebruary 14th, 2018  9:22 AM

• Ditto to Lorraine’s comment I was struck be her focus and intensity- impressive!

CharlottrFebruary 14th, 2018  10:01 AM

• Being Canadian it is sometimes thought to be a prerequisite that you follow curling but for me it was always something my grandparents did UNTIL they had a Brier in London and my oldest daughter convinced us to buy a ticket package. I’m now a total convert. It is definitely one of those sports that once you see it live and witness the intensity and physical prowess at that high level, you’ll never underestimate it again.

SueMFebruary 14th, 2018  12:58 PM

• Yes! So naturally beautiful. Her looks remind me of former Olympic figure skater, Ekatarina Gordeava.

JFebruary 14th, 2018  3:00 PM

• Crazy but curling is the most watch Olympic sport in our house this year…Must be something in the stars.

LeahFebruary 15th, 2018  6:22 PM