April 25th, 2018
It Items

Summer Staples

This swimsuit from yesterday’s post caught my eye—I love the color and texture. And the pendant that Carolyn wears throughout the story reminds me of one that I cherish, a gold coin from my mother. Three items I’d like to add to my summer wardrobe: these Kendall Conrad gold studs (I’m a tad hooped-out), a black pair of Hermès Oran slides (I have a very old pair in tan), and an easy-breezy beach dress—this one by Toteme looks like just the ticket.

Chunky large hoops

Trio bag

CÉLINE

High neck sweater in double face Shetland cashmere

Wrap skirt in wool felt

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

Signet ring

Square sunglasses

CÉLINE

Coat in double face cashmere

CÉLINE

Crew neck sweater in double face shetland wool and cashmere

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

Baroque hoops

CÉLINE

Knot ring made of vermeil

• Preston, Every piece is perfection and now all on my wish list. I wish I could hire you as my personal stylist!

YasminApril 25th, 2018  9:52 AM

• Oh Preston, love everything here as usual (couldn’t pull off the suit in this colour but love the shape) but I have a question please: I am nowhere near an Hermès store so will be ordering online and wonder at the fit. I am usually 8.5 so am I safe with 38.5? Thank you.
    Oh and Yasmin, simply watch this site for all your styling needs and you’ll be set! ❤️

SueMApril 25th, 2018  10:47 AM

• As an alternative to the Oran slides you might look at the Gravati Flat Pebbled Leather Slide. I bought them in white at Bergdorf in March and wore them constantly on vacation in Antigua. So comfortable and beautifully made.

LeslieApril 25th, 2018  11:03 AM

• Hi Sue, I like my sandals to be trim on my foot so I always go small. Perhaps you should chat with Hermès and get their advice.

PrestonApril 25th, 2018  12:39 PM

• My Hermes flat slide is very close to this one – my usual size fit nicely at the time, but after wear has stretched and is now too loose over my foot. I agree with Preston! I really like the colors and gold here!

PaulaApril 25th, 2018  10:44 PM

• Sue, after seeing the KIC post I went straight to Hermes and bought the Oran slides. I love them! I wear a size 8 in most shoes., for example in Stuart Weizman and a size 38 in Prada. I bought the 38 and it fits perfect. But I agree with Preston call a Hernes store and inquire about the sizes.

Denise-MyleneApril 26th, 2018  6:45 AM

• Love the simplicity of these pieces. Great picks!

AprilApril 26th, 2018  9:51 AM

• Thank you for the nice comments!

PrestonApril 26th, 2018  1:38 PM

• I dug out my late mother’s old gold rope bracelet after reading your post about your mum’s bracelet, and now I’m going to dig through her stuff again to find the gold coin she had turned into a pendant. So Thank You!

(Also: I have the Kendall Conrad Cangancho slides, which have a similar vibe to the Hermès Orans. And I discovered her on your site as well! Ha!)

LizaApril 28th, 2018  9:02 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.