June 6th, 2018
My Music

Never In My Wildest Dreams

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be singing along to ‘Africa‘ in 2018.  A 14-year-old female fan badgered Weezer for months and months to cover the 1982 Toto classic and the resulting rendition is fantastic. Even funnier: Weezer messed with the fan by releasing Toto’s ‘Rosanna‘ a week before ‘Africa’.

Okay, I didn’t love (or even like for that matter) Florence + The Machine’s ‘Hunger the first few times I heard it—but it has grown on me and I am looking forward to the rest of the new album High As Hope.

Alex Turner, lead singer of Arctic Monkeys sounds so much like David Bowie on the new album, just listen to ‘Four Out Of Five‘, it’s eerie and great at the same time.

FRED LEIGHTON

Collection gold, silver and diamond ring

J. CREW

Ira ribbed cashmere turtleneck sweater

KHAITE

Wendell cropped high-rise wide-leg jeans

AURÉLIE BIDERMANN

Francoise gold-plated lapis lazuli earrings

GUCCI

Grosgrain-trimmed lady tunic

GIVENCHY

Cross3 leather cross-body bag

MIU MIU

Double-breasted wool-twill coat

CO

Oversized alpaca and wool-blend sweater

CO

Alpaca and wool-blend midi skirt

PRADA

Metallic

BURBERRY

Hooded wool-blend duffle coat

LOVESHACKFANCY

Jamie alpaca-blend cardigan

• When I heard “Africa” on the radio I almost had to pull over—such a great cover! Your music posts are my favorites, thank you for your opinion on these new releases.

ClaireJune 7th, 2018  5:50 AM

• I never comment but want you to know that these are my favorite posts too.

GiaJune 7th, 2018  6:23 AM

• I eagerly awaited the new Arctic Monkeys and was disappointed- not as into this new album. They are SO good. I’m really loving Kasabian and Atlas Genius right now. Electric Guest is pretty fun too.

MarisaJune 7th, 2018  10:08 AM

• Cool post!

KimJune 7th, 2018  11:25 AM

• Our nephew and his new bride are on their honeymoon in Kenya right now, my niece leaves for South Africa next week with her orchestra, and my husband, his brother, and our sister-in-law leave in three weeks for Uganda to visit the mountain gorillas – perfect timing, Weezer!!

DianeJune 7th, 2018  12:04 PM

• Love Weezer, cracks me up to think of them having a 14 yr old Superfan but great cover. Florence leaves me cold sometimes (heavy on the Lady of Shalott) but these lyrics are great. I just had a friendly argument with my daughter the other day about Alex Turner as to whether he sounded more like Bowie or one of the Gallagher brothers. Actually saw the Arctic Monkeys open for Bowie , was epic!

SueMJune 7th, 2018  6:10 PM

• Epic is right!

PrestonJune 7th, 2018  6:22 PM

• Thank you for continuing to broaden my horizons.

M. Kirk OkayJune 7th, 2018  11:34 PM

• Great post. Listening to the originals next to the covers really brings home what great songs the originals still are! The instrumental component of the cover versions is very good but the original vocals are so much better! Not to mention Bobby Kimball’s fantastic ‘tache and the red dress in the video for ‘Rosanna’! Viva 1982 🙂

JacquelineJune 8th, 2018  10:06 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.