June 27th, 2018
Art

State of the Art

Summer before last we divided up my mother’s art collection and I only just hung the last painting. For two years I haven’t thought of buying new works and I miss discovering artists and adding to my own collection. So, I’m turning to a few of my savvy artist and art consultant friends to help me get back in the game.

Artist Kathy Leeds recommended the A.K Bellinger gallery in Inverell, NSW, Australia—I would’ve snapped up the above painted photo by Dani McKenzie if it hadn’t already sold—trying to find out about the one below.

I would love to know which artists and galleries that you like/support and will link to their sites in the comments.

Chunky large hoops

Trio bag

CÉLINE

High neck sweater in double face Shetland cashmere

Wrap skirt in wool felt

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

Signet ring

Square sunglasses

CÉLINE

Coat in double face cashmere

CÉLINE

Crew neck sweater in double face shetland wool and cashmere

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

Baroque hoops

CÉLINE

Knot ring made of vermeil

• I absolutely love the stable of artists that this gallery represents. Vanessa Stockard is one of my favorites and the prices are very reasonable for original works of art. Thank you so much for the sweet mention too. XO

KathyJune 27th, 2018  5:00 PM

• I am partial to works on paper and botanicals – Arader Galleries. The Philadelphia gallery in particular has a very knowledgeable director and staff.

PaulaJune 28th, 2018  1:06 AM

• I think Gazelli Art House in London and Baku as well as Mollie Dent-Brocklehurst’s new collection in Fulham, London are doing interesting things in the Contemporary Art Market. Otherwise, Jonathan Cooper Gallery shows some attractive artists.

Emma BleasdaleJune 28th, 2018  7:27 AM

• Gary Swimmer is a brilliant abstract artist. His work is at the Yun Gee Art Gallery in Tucson, https://www.saatchiart.com/garyswimmer, & http://jackandmarcel.com/jack-and-marcel-art-and-mirrors. Check out his amazing works in metal, paintings, & works on paper here: https://www.garyswimmer.com

EileenJune 28th, 2018  8:36 AM

• Dowling Walsh Gallery in Rockland, Maine.
    A wonderful gallery located near the Farnsworth Museum that represents an amazing group of artists. I think you might like the work of Sarah McRae Morton based on the pieces you included in your post. I have a couple of her paintings and never tire of looking at them.

MJ ChisholmJune 28th, 2018  8:40 AM

• For fine art photography, I highly recommend Tabitha Soren. We recently went to a Wonder Women show at the Berkeley art center where she was a keynote speaker. She also held an amazing exhibition at San Francisco City Hall. You need to read her biography, her photography is not only visually stunning, but it has huge cerebral quality to it. TabithaSoren.com

Kim WJune 28th, 2018  12:28 PM

• Preston check out permanentpresseditions They are a super talented duo, former creatives from Martha Stewart Living, and now talented photographers.

mara singerJune 28th, 2018  12:54 PM

• Hi Preston, I’m a long time reader and, coincidentally, gallery owner in Austin, Texas, after working at three major contemporary galleries in NYC and London.
    check out lorareynolds.com.

Lora ReynoldsJune 28th, 2018  3:48 PM

• I’m thinking I need to check out Lora’s gallery in Austin! This Texan is a fan of several galleries, but I follow the artists – Karen Hollingsworth, Arturo Mallmann, Camille Engel. Heading to Tree’s Place Gallery on Cape Cod and Shain Gallery in Charlotte this fall.

Laura M.June 28th, 2018  9:20 PM

• I love Leila Jefferies – her bird photos were in the windows at Bergdorfs and she is represented by Olsen Gruin in the USA. I love that you showcased a gallery in Inverell – such an unlikely find but such interesting pieces. I also like Olsen Irwin gallery in Sydney who have a great range of artists . Also, the Edwina Corlette gallery especially Miranda Skoczek‘s work. The Design Files is my go to source for discovering new (to me) Australian artists.

amandaJune 29th, 2018  5:06 PM

• Like Amanda, I love that you showcased an Inverell gallery as recommended by Kathy Leeds! Edw

ClaireJune 30th, 2018  4:46 AM

• Preston please look at Jessica Gordon in the Robert Lange Studios, Charleston, SC.

EllenJune 30th, 2018  11:20 AM

• I have recently come across your blog and was amazed to read a reference to an art gallery in the small town of Inverell NSW, lovely to see Australian artists mentioned in the USA I now intend to take a road trip to Inverell to check out A.K Bellinger gallery, Inverell is about 230 miles from the NSW coastal town where I live.

DianneJuly 8th, 2018  2:55 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.