October 4th, 2018
Vogue UA

Jo Ellison Inspired

I first noticed Jo Ellison, FT‘s fashion editor, in street style pictures from the shows (very bottom) — her LV jeans and Prada clogs caught my eye. The one-time British Vogue features director has a smart, witty writing style and her reviews are always spot-on. Vogue UA (Ukraine) profiled Ms. Ellison for the October issue and it’s fun to see her at home in London.

Pictures Rokas Darulis, bottom courtesy Vogue Paris.

GIVENCHY

Cross3 leather cross-body bag

MIU MIU

Double-breasted wool-twill coat

CO

Oversized alpaca and wool-blend sweater

CO

Alpaca and wool-blend midi skirt

PRADA

Pascalare 70mm boot black suede

&DAUGHTER

Bansha Fair Isle wool sweater

CÉLINE

Chunky large hoops

CÉLINE

High neck sweater in double face Shetland cashmere

• Love JE!

LauraOctober 4th, 2018  7:50 AM

• Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing these insights. Her style is an enviable (in a good way) mix of contemporary and classic which makes it unique to her. I so remember that last photo but it’s the one of her closet that struck me: shoes/boots arranged like a normal person instead of arrayed in perfect, pristine rows like a sartorial fish monger. ❤️

SueMOctober 4th, 2018  9:05 AM

• Love that last pic. And her writing in the ft. No nonsense but with a sense of humour. Also love Vanessa Friedman!

DisneyrollergirlOctober 4th, 2018  9:41 AM

• Preston- I , too, have those Prada clogs in the last photo and love LOVE them…except for the fact that they are so loud when I walk. Any suggestions on how to dampen their sound? I would wear them everyday but i feel so obnoxious when I wear them because you can hear me minutes before I enter a room. Thank you for all your insight and please don’t forget to share your love of music and what you are listening to these days.

Helene DamerisOctober 4th, 2018  10:30 AM

• Fabulous post! 🙂
    Thank you!

HollyeOctober 4th, 2018  1:40 PM

• Helene, I’m a clog fan, too, and sadly their sound is unavoidable. On another note, I’m happy that you like my music posts, never sure if folks read them. xjp

PrestonOctober 4th, 2018  2:15 PM

• Preston, always love your music posts, sorry if I don’t always remember to say so. We are simpatico ❤️

SueMOctober 4th, 2018  3:32 PM

• Preston, we read them all. And love them.

ClaireOctober 4th, 2018  4:13 PM

• SueM – I still get a laugh out of a comment you left on Weezer’s “Africa” post, I love that we are simpatico!

PrestonOctober 4th, 2018  4:21 PM

• Yes, we do really read all your posts and love ’em!!!@ 😉

sharonOctober 4th, 2018  8:52 PM

• Clog sound is avoidable! Just have your shoe repair out a thin rubber sole on the bottom.

SusanOctober 6th, 2018  1:19 AM

• Jo Ellison has great style both on the page and off

That's Not My AgeOctober 16th, 2018  6:46 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.