October 16th, 2018
On My Inspiration Board

Chain Reaction

Last week I posted Fall Tweak with a collage that showcased a chain-link choker and bold hoops. Needless to say, when I spied this page in November British Vogue I pulled it for my inspiration board. Worn over a turtleneck is super chic and impactful.

CÉLINE

Chunky large hoops

CÉLINE

High neck sweater in double face Shetland cashmere

CÉLINE

Wrap skirt in wool felt

CÉLINE

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

CÉLINE

Signet ring

CÉLINE

Square sunglasses

CÉLINE

Coat in double face cashmere

CÉLINE

Crew neck sweater in double face shetland wool and cashmere

CÉLINE

Elliptic Heel nappa lambskin ankle boot

CÉLINE

Baroque hoops

CÉLINE

Knot ring made of vermeil

MONCLER GENIUS

+ 3 Grenoble faux shearling-trimmed wool-blend tweed down jacket

• Agreed! I am loving this look. And I know I have chains that I have “moth balled” from years past. It is time to get them out and back in circulation!

Ms. LizOctober 16th, 2018  8:49 AM

• Love this look with a classic turtleneck!

JeanneOctober 16th, 2018  11:50 AM

• I love the look of a chain and wear one regularly but I can’t bring myself to mix metals on my person. In my home anywhere but not in my jewellery I’m afraid.

SueMOctober 16th, 2018  5:17 PM

• I love this and the posts you previously had on chokers, the one with the baroque pearls and turtlenecks with that cool gold choker. I still want to repeat those looks.

TracyOctober 16th, 2018  7:43 PM

• I’ve cooled on silver quite a bit and never took to rose gold. I still like silver and pewter with jeans and also with black; but my gold ear clips, the gold chain link strap on my handbag, a favorite enamel bangle + a gold link bracelet OR necklace is working perfectly for almost every occasion. What I really love are t-neck sweaters! A cold weather staple and so flattering at any age!

PaulaOctober 16th, 2018  11:31 PM

• This is a great look! Thank you for posting it. The Juste un clou necklace you posted from Vogue FR was great, too. The only challenge is finding the right length! My 16 inch necklaces are too short to wear over a turtleneck, but I like the chain sitting high as in these images.

KIC fanOctober 17th, 2018  6:48 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.