November 15th, 2018
Beauty

Harry Josh’s Pro Dryer 2000

A new blow dryer is not something I’ve needed since forever. Honestly, I’ve had the same travel model for eons, but now it takes a little coaxing to turn on. GOOP swears by the Pro Dryer 2000 created by hair stylist Harry Josh. Harry cuts Gwyneth’s hair and used to cut mine — he is phenomenal.

Before he became a hair stylist, Harry was a casting director and we worked for the same production company on fashion shows. I inherited the Louis Vuitton show from Harry. Then, when I left to work exclusively with Helmut Lang, Harry cast LV again. One of the kindest and truly talented people on the planet, I would buy his dryer, even at $249, because he developed it (and it cuts drying time in half). The color is cool, too.

PRADA

Small Sidonie top-handle tote bag

TOM FORD

Belted leather-trimmed twill jacket

THE ROW

Shelly stretch-cotton poplin tank

THE ROW

Flat-front skinny pants

MANOLO BLAHNIK

Atrita metallic leather sandals

THE ROW

Lorna crewneck long-sleeve midi dress

VALENTINO GARAVANI

The Rockstud Spike medium appliquéd leather shoulder bag

BOTTEGA VENETA

Paneled cotton and silk-blend midi dress

ROCHAS

Bow-trimmed satin slingback pumps

Ribbon-tie silk blouse

Slim-leg wool-blend trousers

Woven trench coat

• Thank you for another relevant post Preston! I usually air dry my hair but Tuesday I was running late and grabbed my very old hair dryer. I was worried I was going to set myself on fire.

MoiraNovember 15th, 2018  9:31 AM

• I have a Harry Josh hair dryer and it’s great, but recently got the Dyson one. I’ve been using it for about a month. It seems so much faster and somehow gentler. My hair is silkier and shinier. The magnetic attachments are easy on/off and to change direction when you’re styling…

LeeNovember 15th, 2018  11:43 AM

• I second Lee’s comments about the Dyson. I love it. It is a bit pricey, though.

BarbaraNovember 15th, 2018  5:07 PM

• I used a drug-store Conair hair dryer my entire life. My hair dresser bugged me for a decade to get a proper dryer. She recommended the Harry Josh. I finally bought one (mostly just so she’d stop bugging me) and I am FLOORED by the difference. It is a total game changer. My hair has never looked better!

stNovember 15th, 2018  6:22 PM

• Lee, I also have a Harry Josh dryer that I loved (and still do). I bought the Dyson, and it is really something. I don’t feel overwhelmed with dryers…I just now have 2 great options!

bisbeeNovember 16th, 2018  8:19 AM

• Why don’t you channel Gwenyth and Harry and launch your own line or collaboration?

KimNovember 16th, 2018  10:00 AM

• Hi Kim, I’m angel investing in small fashion businesses, not looking to do collaborations at this time. xp

PrestonNovember 16th, 2018  1:15 PM

• I wasn’t aware of the Harry Josh dryer. The Elchaim 3900 is pretty great at a lower price point. I like the Dyson for being lighter weight and quieter but I don’t know if it’s a game changer in how my hair looks.

karenNovember 18th, 2018  12:24 PM

• Love this dryer…I have been using it for a couple years now and it is great!

MaryBNovember 18th, 2018  5:05 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.