November 15th, 2018
Beauty

Harry Josh’s Pro Dryer 2000

A new blow dryer is not something I’ve needed since forever. Honestly, I’ve had the same travel model for eons, but now it takes a little coaxing to turn on. GOOP swears by the Pro Dryer 2000 created by hair stylist Harry Josh. Harry cuts Gwyneth’s hair and used to cut mine — he is phenomenal.

Before he became a hair stylist, Harry was a casting director and we worked for the same production company on fashion shows. I inherited the Louis Vuitton show from Harry. Then, when I left to work exclusively with Helmut Lang, Harry cast LV again. One of the kindest and truly talented people on the planet, I would buy his dryer, even at $249, because he developed it (and it cuts drying time in half). The color is cool, too.

PRADA

Brook leather belt

THE ROW

Egon nappa leather sandals

LOEWE

Obi leather waist belt

THE ROW

Sora cotton-blend poplin maxi dress

VINCE

Eastwood thong wrap sandals

BOTTEGA VENETA

Leather clutch

THE ROW

Paola strapless crepe midi dress

MANOLO BLAHNIK

Iacopo double band sandal

• Thank you for another relevant post Preston! I usually air dry my hair but Tuesday I was running late and grabbed my very old hair dryer. I was worried I was going to set myself on fire.

MoiraNovember 15th, 2018  9:31 AM

• I have a Harry Josh hair dryer and it’s great, but recently got the Dyson one. I’ve been using it for about a month. It seems so much faster and somehow gentler. My hair is silkier and shinier. The magnetic attachments are easy on/off and to change direction when you’re styling…

LeeNovember 15th, 2018  11:43 AM

• I second Lee’s comments about the Dyson. I love it. It is a bit pricey, though.

BarbaraNovember 15th, 2018  5:07 PM

• I used a drug-store Conair hair dryer my entire life. My hair dresser bugged me for a decade to get a proper dryer. She recommended the Harry Josh. I finally bought one (mostly just so she’d stop bugging me) and I am FLOORED by the difference. It is a total game changer. My hair has never looked better!

stNovember 15th, 2018  6:22 PM

• Lee, I also have a Harry Josh dryer that I loved (and still do). I bought the Dyson, and it is really something. I don’t feel overwhelmed with dryers…I just now have 2 great options!

bisbeeNovember 16th, 2018  8:19 AM

• Why don’t you channel Gwenyth and Harry and launch your own line or collaboration?

KimNovember 16th, 2018  10:00 AM

• Hi Kim, I’m angel investing in small fashion businesses, not looking to do collaborations at this time. xp

PrestonNovember 16th, 2018  1:15 PM

• I wasn’t aware of the Harry Josh dryer. The Elchaim 3900 is pretty great at a lower price point. I like the Dyson for being lighter weight and quieter but I don’t know if it’s a game changer in how my hair looks.

karenNovember 18th, 2018  12:24 PM

• Love this dryer…I have been using it for a couple years now and it is great!

MaryBNovember 18th, 2018  5:05 PM

• I really like my Karmin.

Andreina FialloMarch 11th, 2019  12:51 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.