May 5th, 2019
2019 Cruise

The New Chanel

Virginie Viard’s first show for Chanel was a winner. The 2019 Cruise collection is packed with wearable and timeless items and I appreciate Ms. Viard’s light hand when it comes to all the CC trappings — a perfect blending of the history of the house with a modern sensibility. Ignore the chatter, these are clothes we’ll want to live in.

A.P.C. x SUZANNE KOLLER

X Suzanne Koller leather backless slipper shoe

A.P.C.

X Suzanne Koller drawstring leather pouch

A.P.C.

Ethan oversized wool sweater

A.P.C.

Suzanna oversized felt tote bag

• For my taste, the top two looks are perfection! How exciting for Ms. Viard. I too appreciate the lighter touch with the CC swag – I always assumed it was meant for the runway, advertising, window displays, fashion week, or pure theatrics. A little logo goes a long way in my sphere.

PaulaMay 5th, 2019  11:28 PM

• Snap! Love the tan utility-luxe pocketed coat!

disneyrollergirlMay 6th, 2019  5:36 AM

• You are right, Preston. I clicked through the whole collection. Really cool. And interesting. Do you think those dresses covered in petals are supposed to be a teensy bit ironic?

Sue BurpeeMay 6th, 2019  8:26 AM

• Loved the whole collection!

Mariya | https://www.brunetteondemand.com/

MariyaMay 6th, 2019  11:48 AM

• Preston, a number of years ago the already high Chanel prices went through the roof!!! OMG they went in to the stratosphere! So my sister Sue and I staged our own minor boycott. I find the prices offensive, even by luxury goods standards. Luckily for us we have a number of their beautiful jackets that will remain timeless.
    What are your thoughts on the pricing???
    Love, Pamela Taft

Pamela TaftMay 6th, 2019  11:57 AM

• So agree! Finally some everyday-wear from Chanel.

Jennifer ElliottMay 6th, 2019  12:26 PM

• Agreed! The jackets in this collection, in particular, look super wearable and super chic. Cannot wait to see these clothes in real life!! Cruise is always my favorite collection from Chanel because it’s perfect for NYC; SS is too pastelly for me and AW is too heavy. I am so happy to see that this is the direction that Viard is taking!

ellaMay 6th, 2019  4:14 PM

• My favourite outfit is the one Virginie Viard is wearing. I think that is more like what women want to wear on a daily basis. Having said that, the collection is lovely and if someone gave me a jacket, I would be wearing it.

ClaireMay 6th, 2019  5:23 PM

• I love it , and I never thought I’d say that about Chanel.
    Wearable and inspiring…. although way out of my price range!

BeccaMay 7th, 2019  4:03 AM

• Pamela, sadly this could be said about so many designers’ clothes — Valentino is prohibitively expensive, too. I am curious to see the price point on Ms. Viard’s designs, hopefully they’ll be within my budget. I’m sure this is why many women rent evening wear and other pricey items.

PrestonMay 7th, 2019  8:24 PM

• Love.
    Have you seen the new jewelry…some is really good.

EmilyMay 8th, 2019  8:06 AM

• I totally agree with you, Preston. I loved this collection, and as a result, it will make selecting a new blazer very tricky this time around. The line of the jackets is also a little longer, which will work on most body types. I think what Virginie wore was EXACTLY what I would wear. I usually look to see what she wears for inspiration as well as Caroline Maigret. Cruise and Pre-Fall are my favorite and I can’t wait to see what Mme Viard has in store for us.

SeverineMay 8th, 2019  3:54 PM

• Love this collection. As a notable detail– that little chain tie belt.

karenMay 9th, 2019  5:10 PM

• LOVE all the pockets!

That's Not My AgeMay 13th, 2019  9:51 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.