September 12th, 2019
It Item

Chain Reaction

A chunky gold chain is one of my favorite current trends and this assemblage, in September Vogue Paris, is spot-on.

1. Louis Vuitton 2. Elise Tsikis 3. Tiffany & Co 4. David Yurman 5. Aristocracy 6. Din Van 7. Pomellato

Clockwise: Rosantica, Saint Laurent, Prada

CELINE

Small Crécy bag in shiny calfskin

CELINE

Manon Wedge thigh boots

REMAIN BIRGER CHRISTENSEN

Diana ribbed wool-blend turtleneck sweater

PROENZA SCHOULER

Suede-trimmed textured-leather ankle boots

FRAME

Oversized Fair Isle alpaca-blend turtleneck sweater

THE ROW

Efo belted leather trench coat

TOD'S

Leather penny loafers

A.P.C.

Ethan oversized wool sweater

BURBERRY

Chelsea double-breasted cotton trench coat

BOTTEGA VENETA

Bouclé jacket

JIMMY CHOO

Maxima 35 leather knee-high boots

WEEKEND MAX MARA

Origano sweater

• I have been obsessed with the chunky gold chains as they look so good in all the pictures I see. However, I have tried several and it doesn’t seem to work with my skin tone. Is that a thing? I may have to stick to the look in silver.

DGSeptember 12th, 2019  5:09 PM

• DG, it’s about the undertones in your skin. gold just fades into me (also the reason I can’t wear beige or any of what I call “goat” colours),; my skin need the contrast of silver. It took a long time, but once I got my colours done and embraced my destiny as a “deep winter” I started looking a lot better! 🙂

NikSeptember 12th, 2019  8:52 PM

• LOVING the chunky gold chains. Just cannot figure how to pair them with the dainty gold pieces that I’ve been buying since I could afford nicer jewelry. I don’t have enough money to start all over so I’d love to figure out how to incorporate the two looks.

SSSeptember 13th, 2019  12:07 AM

• Thank you, Nik! Moving forward with silver. Embracing my skin tone.

DGSeptember 13th, 2019  6:01 AM

• I so love the chunky gold chain look. I have found #neckmess on Instagram as a good place to find inspiration how to mix up both bold and dainty-using what you may already have and knowing what you may want to fill in.

karenSeptember 13th, 2019  6:40 AM

• And let us all please give a big shout out to chain belts!

SuWuSeptember 13th, 2019  8:20 AM

• Like DG and Nik I can’t wear gold with my skin tone but I’ve definitely embraced the layering thing with silver although yet to find a chunky one I like. I assume you’re talking about one chunky gold necklace yes Preston? Love that look on others.

SueMSeptember 13th, 2019  10:26 AM

• DG & Nik, I too had my colors done years ago. I think I am a Winter… need to go back and check. The one thing I remember from the session is that silver jewelry is a much better choice for my skin tone than gold is. When it comes to clothes, I look terrible in all of the beiges and cream colors near my face… completely washes me out. I need pure, strong colors to bring out my skin tone. Strong colors bring out the pink in my cheeks which I like. Back to gold jewelry, I mostly wear silver but I find I like the look of some gold mixed in with the silver in necklaces and bracelets. It took some experimenting. Love, Pamela Taft

Pamela TaftSeptember 13th, 2019  12:56 PM

• The one from J W Anderson is amazing.

TracySeptember 13th, 2019  1:11 PM

• I’ve never worn much in the way of necklaces (other than pearls), so I have catching up to do. If I were to select some necklaces now, Preston, pieces I would like to wear constantly and that are classics, what would you suggest? Pendants? Fine chain, chunky links? Worn singly, combinations?

PaulaSeptember 13th, 2019  3:07 PM

• These magazine images look so good and have been good for awhile Preston. Do they send them to you? or are scanned?

MarcySeptember 16th, 2019  1:00 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.