September 19th, 2019
On My Inspiration Board

MFW SS20 BITS

Miuccia Prada’s collection is packed with wearable “forever” clothes — she’s focused on overproduction and buying less. The grey henley and pleated skirt would go the distance in my wardrobe.

The first post-Lagerfeld Fendi show was sunny and feminine — all good.

I like these Bottega Veneta silhouettes — simple dress, chain choker, and a (smaller) crossbody bag = winning looks.

A matchy-matchy fan, I like the idea of these Jil Sander looks. The pants could be a bit trimmer.

What's New

Logo-embellished leather loafers

VALENTINO

Crocheted Cotton-Blend Midi Skirt

LOEWE

Braided leather bangle

JOSEPH

Delcie tie-detailed ramie midi dress

LOEWE

Gate knotted leather slippers

ZIMMERMANN

Postcard fringed crocheted straw bucket hat

CARTIER EYEWEAR

Santos de Cartier metal shield sunglasses

• At a glance, these bags look too large for me. I took a closer look at the BV FW19 bags and they were simply preposterously large. Like a giant gym duffel bag made out of expensive Italian leather. My life is going the opposite direction, except for a nice travel-and-car seat tote (LV, vinyl!). I can’t imagine hunting around in the bottom of these behemoth bags looking for my lipstick, car keys, cell phone or a pen. And who can lift a leather bag that large once it’s even partially filled?

PaulaSeptember 20th, 2019  12:06 AM

• I so appreciate and agree with your comments on each pic. And yes Paula I’m with you re:bag size functionality.

karenSeptember 20th, 2019  7:30 AM

• Let’s get stuck in: that grey skirt is a perfect piece for now and long into the future (pending discovery of it’s length vs my calves) and Fendi was a dream although the Dixie Carter glasses are not for me. Love both those BV dresses, I’m thrilled with the look of one shoulder since I’ve had breast reduction surgery so that goes into Pinterest for next spring. Completely agree with Paula’s points re the bags, I’m slowly going smaller with everything. (I just read this back and have to say no pun intended lol). Agree with you about square toe, bought a pair of Proenza Schouler in the sale and that will be it for me.

SueMSeptember 20th, 2019  9:01 AM

• Preston, I agree with you about those exaggerated square toe shoes. I also don’t like the ones that are pointed…I never liked seeing the sole of the shoe in front of the toes.

As for the Jill Sander outfits, I get a bit too much of a uniform vibe. Don’t get me wrong…I love a uniform, maybe a more narrow pant would help. The proportion makes the models look short.

SharonSeptember 20th, 2019  9:07 AM

• Preston, now there’s no shame in “matchy -matchy”, if there ever was… At least the concept has now been re-branded as “co-ords”!

BeccaSeptember 20th, 2019  9:20 AM

• I agree about the Jil Sander looks. The longish tunic paired with the wider pant would make an average height woman look short. Also, I think a woman rummaging around in a bag looking for things is a very bad look in a business setting. It reinforces a woman stereotype, I think. Remember that old song, ” but she can’t find her keys”? So, although I love totes, there is a place for smaller bags in my life and I like the unstructured pouches.

AprilSeptember 20th, 2019  10:11 AM

• I agree – the BV crossbody above is too large for my taste. However, I have been loving Daniel Lee. The small pouch crossbody is the bag I have been missing in my collection (thanks to your advice) for years and there is something about the mesh square toe pump with the gold chain that is “fire”…a cross between sexy, trendy and slutty – LOL! I plan to wear mine with a very simple Nili Lotan dress to give it a twist.

MaryBSeptember 20th, 2019  6:07 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.