January 1st, 2020
Jewelry

Just Enough

This picture, from October Vogue UA, is a reminder that sometimes one or two spectacular pieces of jewelry make more of a statement than stacks of bangles and layers of pendants. The matching Tiffany Victoria collection earrings and bracelet are sublime.

Photography by Fabien Montique  Styling by Ray Tetauira

1955 Horsebit grained-leather shoulder bag

TOTÊME

Aviles ribbed wool-blend sweater

GUCCI

Grosgrain-trimmed cady tunic

CELINE

Lerins sandals in vegetable-tanned calfskin

ABERCROMBIE & FITCH

Satin midi skirt

GUCCI

1955 Horsebit grained-leather shoulder bag

BOTTEGA VENETA

Stretch Pumps in mesh

BOTTEGA VENETA

The Pouch medium leather clutch

• This is a nice post to start the NewYear on! It speaks to me on a few levels: confirming once again that less really is more; confirms my love blue and black worn together; confirms my passion for simple black dress shoes and a kitten heel; and finally, it’s really always been about a fresh face!

PaulaJanuary 1st, 2020  11:05 PM

• Love Paula’s comment.

karenJanuary 2nd, 2020  7:15 AM

• I also love Paula’s comment and agree with you both.

KathyJanuary 2nd, 2020  8:10 AM

• Happy new year & happy anniversary.
    Love this post and love her freckles. Great comments too
    Sue

SusanJanuary 2nd, 2020  8:54 AM

• Happy New Year! Keep the navy coming and love that fresh face with freckles.

SarahJanuary 2nd, 2020  9:06 AM

• Please let this be the powerhouse “trend” for the new decade. Simply fabulous!

Jean Louise LillyJanuary 2nd, 2020  11:17 AM

• Happy New Year, Preston! This is a stunning look, defies age and decade.

It’s funny- I’ve had a less is more perspective since I was in junior high. I think it was a combination spending time in my mother’s and maternal grandmother’s closets, and both of them sewed a lot of our clothes until I entered the 8th grade. I remember spending time pouring over bolts of fabric with them and then watch them accessorize these beautiful dresses they made with one of two pieces of jewelry and a great heel- always looking at texture for contrast, not pattern.

And going to an all girls school, we lived in navy, black and forest green tartan, so my closet has always favored a neutral color palette, except for true reds, and a pop of yellow and pink in the summer. Funny how those early experiences shape the way we present ourselves to the world.

SeverineJanuary 5th, 2020  6:47 AM

• LOVE this. Can you please tell us who makes the pants?

PaulaJanuary 5th, 2020  10:41 AM

• Spot on and refreshing. Kind of a Hayley Mills throwback of the Susan twin in the Parent Trap.

Happy New Years Preston- and to the KIC community.
    I do not comment too frequently, but peruse habitually. Essential reading, imho.
    The KIC readership/commenters club is a great added bonus.

Dana
    Minneapolis

danaJanuary 5th, 2020  12:45 PM

• Totally agree about one or two carefully chosen pieces

That's Not My AgeJanuary 8th, 2020  6:06 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated. Preachy comments about body weight, age, smoking, and furs will not be posted.

Keep it Chic may earn a commission through product links on this site.
There is no extra cost to you if you use these links.