April 14th, 2020
Dare to dream

When We Get Out Of Here

When we are sprung and can travel, I want to go to Rome. For a month. Stay in the posh Residenza Napoleone III— I don’t want to cook or clean anything. My younger daughter, the classics whiz, will join me and be my private guide. We’ll rent a car and go far and wide. Even just imagining this makes me happy – let’s dare to dream.

MAX MARA

Rosa wool-blend midi dress

DRIES VAN NOTEN

Floral stretch-lace tights

JIL SANDER

Slanted-cuff leather knee-high boots

Wool-twill coat

HM

Textured-knit tights

Oversized hooded cable-knit wool and mohair-blend cardigan

ANN DEMEULEMEESTER

Cavalier wool blazer

SABLYN

Aiden sleeveless cashmere top

GABRIELA HEARST

Hawes T-bar cutout leather pumps

JIL SANDER

Oversized cashmere knit top

GANNI

Wool-blend turtleneck vest

VICTORIA BECKHAM

Piped knee-high leather boots

• Beautiful hotel and watching My Brilliant Friend makes Italy a very desirable vacation destination. I can’t wait to travel too.

TracyApril 14th, 2020  2:57 PM

• Count me in too Preston. And i will wear nothing at all practical, everything will be dry clean only! I will purchase enough under garments to NEVER have to do laundry again. I will wear heels every single day from breakfast until our final nightcap. And we will hold hands and skip through museums hugging strangers and smiling!

AnneApril 14th, 2020  3:02 PM

• I think we will have to keep dreaming…not sure if upcoming summer holidays we will be able to travel like we used to. Happy to hear that I am not the only one gifted with “classics…” kid, we need more of them! We were planning Rome for February, we ended up in Venice in Florence, miss Italy so much!

IsabelApril 14th, 2020  3:30 PM

• Can I come???

Habitually ChicApril 14th, 2020  3:35 PM

• Anne, I laughed out loud while reading your comment — Thank you!

PrestonApril 14th, 2020  3:58 PM

• We bought and remodeled an apartment in Rome 2 years ago. We have not been able to go this year, at all. When we are able to go, we are planning on lots of shopping, restaurants and helping Italy’s economy as much as possible. I miss Rome so much!

SheriApril 14th, 2020  7:27 PM

• Absolutely…we must dream!!!!! Thank you for spreading love and assurance through your beautiful posts.

PriyaApril 14th, 2020  8:43 PM

• Yes,yes, yes! And this time, I will visit the Villa Borghese.
    Rome is my happy place. I still delight in the 25 year old memory of travelling in a taxi from the airport and seeing the Colosseum for the first time, the traffic just whizzing around it.

ClaireApril 15th, 2020  5:30 AM

• This post is full of hope and happiness. It makes me smile! Yes, let’s all dream. Escapism is truly a remedy.

LisaApril 15th, 2020  6:55 AM

• I’m in!

DebApril 15th, 2020  9:05 AM

• Dreaming of Italy…I’ve never been. At least I got to see Paris and London. At my age, I may not get back. But…my dreams can still travel!

SharonApril 15th, 2020  9:28 AM

• Made travel plans late Feb for Barcelona mid September.
    Its the thought of wandering the city in my sandals & white jeans & dining alfresco on a breezy evenings that keeps me going …
    I’m with you Preston!

SusanApril 15th, 2020  9:54 AM

• Fab decor & idea! Hopefully we can all get out soon. Be well!

myda y.April 15th, 2020  4:18 PM

• That made me laugh. When this is over I really want a break from a home cooked meal. Dreaming of a well lit restaurant. With a great wine list. And no washing up afterwards! Come back annoying waiters who ask if everything is fine, yes, it’s all fine…

ruthApril 15th, 2020  7:53 PM

• Sounds good to me.

M. Kirk OkayApril 15th, 2020  11:47 PM

• How I miss the world! At this point, a trip to the bookstore is a lush fantasy, but Rome again would be the ultimate dream.

ShawnApril 18th, 2020  11:20 AM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.