April 13th, 2021
It Item

Clever Clogs

If you don’t want to pay a fortune for clogs, there are lots of options. Swedish Hasbeens, Troentorp, and Sandgrens are my friend’s favorites, and I think the J. Crew pair look really good, love the studs. I have the super comfortable No.6 clog boots and pictured above are Kerstin Adolphson.

A number of readers shared their favorites and I’ve included links in the comments.

Image August 2016 Vogue Paris photography by Lachlan Bailey  styling by Geraldine Saglio

Suzanne mini leather cross-body bag

Jota chain-embellished leather sandals

MATTEAU

Broderie-cotton maxi skirt

PRADA

Single-breasted hooded raincoat

BOTTEGA VENETA

Leather sandals

Flower brooch

Le Maillon leather shoulder bag

GUCCI

Aviator-style gold-tone and acetate sunglasses

TOTÊME

High-neck striped wool-blend sweater

THE ROW

Park linen-blend canvas tote bag

NILI LOTAN

Fran belted suede jacket

VALENTINO

Wool-blend playsuit

• I love the clogs from No. 6. More expensive than J Crew but less than Hermès. 🙂

Sara G.April 13th, 2021  4:02 PM

• I am wearing very comfortable (and affordable) Kerstin Adolphson clogs right now. Etsy is another source of reasonably priced clogs ranging from the classic stapled styles to studded options. As the makers are, largely, female business owners, it is a nice way to support women during the pandemic and beyond.

KatherineApril 14th, 2021  4:48 AM

• I have the J. Crew clogs and I LOVE them! I added some of Anjya Hindmarch’s handbbag stickers from her Sticker Shop to put my initials on one shoe and the zodiac signs of my kids on the other and it looks adorable. Wear them all the time!

CeciliaApril 14th, 2021  8:44 AM

• Kerstin Adolphson and Karlskoga are my favorite brands. I also still have a couple of pairs from Olaf Daughters from when I was a teenager in the 70’s.

RTGApril 14th, 2021  9:12 AM

• Thanks Preston! I actually found a cute pair on Etsy from a Swedish woman based in the UK. She has great reviews!

SharonApril 14th, 2021  9:15 AM

• I’ve been wearing clogs for over 15 years. I call them The Brooklyn Mom Uniform. Glad they are so popular again. No.6 are my favorites but also love Lotta of Stockholm & Swedish Hasbeens.

JudyApril 14th, 2021  10:01 AM

• I’ve been on a mad hunt since Hermes first started featuring their new clogs.
    I bought these (so comfy)

but I might have given comfort for these if they were avaiable in my size. Really wanted these because of the studs.

MargaretApril 14th, 2021  11:42 AM

• In addition to Swedish Hasbeens and No. 6 (both great), check out Bryr clogs. It is based in San Francisco and run by a passionate British woman (with all female employees) who wants to perfect the clog. Each pair is custom made and come in the chicest, limited edition leathers and colors.

Stephanie ChaiApril 14th, 2021  11:55 AM

• Thanks for the post. Lotta of Stockholm on esty and No 6 clog boots are my favorites. Will try Jcrew. Clogs are a staple. I remember the clog discussion years ago on KIC. Glad you’ve stay true!

LynetteApril 14th, 2021  12:28 PM

• Thank you for the post on clogs – love! Check out Ferragamo’s Cleome clogs. I bought them two years ago, but they’re still amazing.

Red DogApril 14th, 2021  5:56 PM

• Clog lovers- I would love your input. Do clogs take getting used to in order to be comfortable? I have some higher heel No.6 clogs that are good looking but hard to walk in. My toes curl to stay in them.

DebbieApril 14th, 2021  8:53 PM

• Would love to read responses to Debbie’s post. I have never worn clogs and after trying on the Celine ones in the boutique, I honestly can’t see how they would stay on at all, particularly for my narrow/bony feet. Perhaps I should start with a sling-back style?

Eloise DiasApril 15th, 2021  1:18 AM

• The brand Mia makes nice clogs, real leather and a nice height. The perfect spring shoe.

GraceApril 16th, 2021  10:14 PM

Your email address is only used for our verification process to help reduce spam comments and will not be shared, published or stored for any other purpose. Please be courteous. All comments are moderated.