Last summer I took my younger daughter to Paris for a week in July and it was blisteringly hot. Thankfully we stayed at the Ritz so we could swim. Later in the summer we all went to Beverly Hills and Malibu to visit my husband’s family. Again, it was unbelievably hot and we were saved by staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel with it’s great pool. Today on Long Island it is crazy hot so we are going to take a dip in our gracious friends the Rand’s pool which is chicest of all!
The rockstud leather point-toe flats
Hammock leather and raffia tote
Small textured-leather tote
Cotton-blend tweed hooded top
Strapless smocked stretch cotton-blend poplin midi dress
Silk crepe de chine and ribbed-knit dress
Cotton-blend poplin trench coat
Cropped cotton-blend straight-leg pants
Poplin midi dress
It is so hot that I have rolled up the big sisal rugs so the dogs can sprawl on the cool wood floor. Usually I layer small Oriental rugs on top of the sisal but they look great just on their own and in surprising spots like the kitchen and bath.
At 54 Patti looks incredible. I know many of you don’t love over the knee boots (and these are bit much) but I promise I will convert you all!
1) Horse shows- above is my older daughter last year on Notorious and my younger daughter just got the world’s cutest grey pony Hillcrest Kacee below.
2) Regattas- driving the girls to Laser and Opti races
3) Stop using pesticides on my roses. I want to keep bees and the pesticides kill them. I was inspired by an article in the NYTs on this subject. If my roses don’t make it, I will put in ones that are hardier and do not need pesticides to survive.
4) Get used to my cell phone ear piece by Wisemove that my friend Lea gave me so I won’t get a brain tumor. Please read the article entitled “Wake Up Call” in the July issue of Vogue on this very scary and relevant topic.
5) Read “We Used to Own The Bronx” by Eve Pell.
I have one of those sisters- super smart (Phi Beta Kappa, tenured college professor), 3 inches taller than I am and a size zero (maybe a size 2), but you get the idea. If I didn’t adore her, I would definitely have sisterly issues. We are spending a week together in a month at our family home on Martha’s Vineyard. In anticipation of our visit, I am motivated to pull it together over the next four weeks; this picture of Raquel is now tacked above my desk as inspiration!
I am loving the pictures from the launch party for the new Love, Chloe perfume! Raquel, one of my favorite models who I used endlessly at Vogue and Bazaar and in every show I ever cast, is also one of the nicest girls alive. She is perfect for this 70s inspired, Guy Bourdin-esque moment captured by Roman Coppola who directed the Love, Chloe tv commercial.
And the beige on beige is divine. This campaign continues the neutral palette that we have seen on the runway for the past few seasons and is so unbelievably chic! Continue…
Looking for the perfect present for a female graduate? My daughter received a Helen Ficalora letter charm on a delicate gold chain yesterday and it is perfection! Wear them singly or pile them on and mix in star, heart, shell and numerous other charms as well. Helen Ficalora has stores in New York City, Beverly Hills, Palm Beach and helenficalora.com to shop online.
I love the styling in these pictures from Harper’s Bazaar- chic, easy and exactly how I want to dress! Continue…